9 hours ago, jdrichard said:

I have buffed to a brilliant shine a few Seiko stainless steel cases, no issue. Even the dents look ok when shined34c7ef3d33d52fe82441b239d1aab4f6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's ok if its a stainless case but the old plated cases I prefer to leave alone a 70 year old watch shouldn't have a nice new shiny case it should look like its 70 years old . On a side note that's an impressive pedal board you have there.

That's ok if its a stainless case but the old plated cases I prefer to leave alone a 70 year old watch shouldn't have a nice new shiny case it should look like its 70 years old . On a side note that's an impressive pedal board you have there.

14259c6b1f65afe1d0bc244daa352525.jpgMy small setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NICE just got a Blackstar fly as a small practice amp impressive sound for something so small and only 3 watt I use it with my zoom g5 I used to use a pedal board with separate pedals but I find the g5 has it all in one place and acts like separate pedals once you've spent a couple of days figuring it out:D

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Hello guys, I'm new in this world of watches but I'm loving it. 

I'm trying to create my first watch and I'm using a Miyota OS10 movement but I don't find a case on ebay or Aliexpress. Do you know where to find cases or if there any other movement case that is compatible? Or, how to adjust the movement to a Seiko V657 case?

Best wishes for 2019 to everyone.

Try reading this link:

http://calibercorner.com/miyota-caliber-0s10/

One of the items on the page is a .pdf of the movement drawings. It's a good place to start as it will give you the dimensions so that you can determine your case needs. The OS10 movement is 13.5 ligne whereas the V657 is 12.75 ligne in size. Your movement selection will be too large for that case. The only listed use for that movement that I could find was in Skagen watches although there were most likely other brands that used it. Any particular reason why you've chosen that movement?

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

There are a number of suppliers on ebay and elsewhere, however when I looked recently I struggled to find anything attractive, that didn't cost almost as much as a fully functional watch.

A while back I did see lots of those cheap and nasty big copper frying pans pretending to be "Rose Gold" cases on ali express, but nothing that actually came close to the "that would do" mark, far less made me say "wow".

If you do find anything that is particularly interesting, anything that has a little flair to it, but doesn't cost a small fortune, be sure to let us know.

Andy,

That's an excellent suggestion. I just tried it on this side of the pond and got back 1420 results. No end of variety. Some quite nice. Some appearing as if the designer's strategy was to create the ugliest possible product. Oh well, that's why both chocolate and vanilla are sold, I suppose.

I need to stop looking on ebay. It isn't good for my wallet.

4xCases.thumb.jpg.c955ca524619739f825315049669f799.jpg

NOS (new old stock) -  4 off 18k Gold plated 10 micron - £2.37 ea. (+P&P) -  Now all I need to do is figure out what I'm going to do with them.

I have lot of ideas, and even a bunch of NOS dials, and a random assortment of hands,  but I'm open to suggestions for movement, dial, hands strap etc.

Maybe I should run a separate dial design thread to see what the combined talents of WRT come up with. However that will be in a few weeks when I get back from my holidays, and hopefully they have been delivered from their random corner of the money sink that is ebay.

I'm also going to do some dial printing experiments, using a technology that is somewhat alien, yet oddly familiar, but I'll leave that idea dangling to see what wild speculation it stimulates.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I purchased a clone 2892 - Seagull st1812 to practice on. Afterwards I would like to build a watch using it. I can't locate any cases and dials for it.. Anyone with any suggestions ..Or maybe a list of parts to retro fit it in a case designed for another movement.. I am looking for something between 38mm and 44mm ...40mm would be optimal  ..

Thanks

Anthony

I believe the ST1812 is a clone of the the 2892-A2 ... an 11.5''' movement. Unfortunately getting a case for these seems problematic. You could look out for a second hand complete watch (that uses the 2892-A2, ST1812, or SW300) to use the case from but that would then presumably defeat the purpose of you getting the movement only to work with!

There's no reason you can't get a not-necessarily-designed-for-the-2892 case however ... your main lookout is going to be the stem height expected. Perhaps your best bet is to seek out a 2824 case. There are plenty out there and in your 40mm preference. I mention this calibre because there is only a 0.3mm difference in stem height which you may be able to 'get away with'. Otherwise you're looking at needing some kind of dial ring / spacer. The movement holder that may come with the case may also need some adjustment to cope with the thinner 2892-A2 movement.

• Like 1

On 2/5/2019 at 12:26 PM, WatchMaker said:

I believe the ST1812 is a clone of the the 2892-A2 ... an 11.5''' movement. Unfortunately getting a case for these seems problematic. You could look out for a second hand complete watch (that uses the 2892-A2, ST1812, or SW300) to use the case from but that would then presumably defeat the purpose of you getting the movement only to work with!

There's no reason you can't get a not-necessarily-designed-for-the-2892 case however ... your main lookout is going to be the stem height expected. Perhaps your best bet is to seek out a 2824 case. There are plenty out there and in your 40mm preference. I mention this calibre because there is only a 0.3mm difference in stem height which you may be able to 'get away with'. Otherwise you're looking at needing some kind of dial ring / spacer. The movement holder that may come with the case may also need some adjustment to cope with the thinner 2892-A2 movement.

Watchmaker

Thank you for reply... I did find some replica watch cases that say they are a direct drop in. A bit pricier but it will be a Cartier LOL.... 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
12 hours ago, Marc5555 said:

I currently have a citizen automatic that i love the movement on but hate that the case is brass rather than stainless

Isn't that easy to find something that matches perfectly. Not just the diameter but the mov.t and stem height have to match. In the easiest case you can adapt or 3D-print ring holder otherwise it could be quite complicated to execute a good job.

Can you identify the movement in the citizen? Probably a Myiota Iam guessing. Cases are def. available for Myiota but then again it depends on the caliber and also how old the movement is. I would do your search based on the movement because to try to get another case for a different movement to fit even though it may have the same size diameter and even height will still be very difficult. If you manage to get a movement to fit you also have to consider securing the movement with a spacer and fitting a new stem and crown. Not for the faint at heart.

On 4/18/2019 at 1:46 PM, saswatch88 said:

Can you identify the movement in the citizen? Probably a Myiota Iam guessing. Cases are def. available for Myiota but then again it depends on the caliber and also how old the movement is. I would do your search based on the movement because to try to get another case for a different movement to fit even though it may have the same size diameter and even height will still be very difficult. If you manage to get a movement to fit you also have to consider securing the movement with a spacer and fitting a new stem and crown. Not for the faint at heart.

Thank you. I actually am not afraid to tinker around ive been replacing some movements mostly for seiko 5 but those are relatively easy to find cases for. What happened was i had an old citizen with a light blue dial and i got a scratch on it and decided to try to buff it out. Forgot that it was plated bronze. Originally liked the patina on the bronze but im definitely a stainless guy. I will figure out the calibur and get back to yah