Sign in to follow this  
Marc5555

Where to get cases?

Question

Is there anywhere besides eBay or off a broken watch to get watch cases?

I currently have a citizen automatic that i love the movement on but hate that the case is brass rather than stainless

7 answers to this question

12 hours ago, Marc5555 said:

I currently have a citizen automatic that i love the movement on but hate that the case is brass rather than stainless

Isn't that easy to find something that matches perfectly. Not just the diameter but the mov.t and stem height have to match. In the easiest case you can adapt or 3D-print ring holder otherwise it could be quite complicated to execute a good job.

Can you identify the movement in the citizen? Probably a Myiota Iam guessing. Cases are def. available for Myiota but then again it depends on the caliber and also how old the movement is. I would do your search based on the movement because to try to get another case for a different movement to fit even though it may have the same size diameter and even height will still be very difficult. If you manage to get a movement to fit you also have to consider securing the movement with a spacer and fitting a new stem and crown. Not for the faint at heart.

On 4/18/2019 at 1:46 PM, saswatch88 said:

Can you identify the movement in the citizen? Probably a Myiota Iam guessing. Cases are def. available for Myiota but then again it depends on the caliber and also how old the movement is. I would do your search based on the movement because to try to get another case for a different movement to fit even though it may have the same size diameter and even height will still be very difficult. If you manage to get a movement to fit you also have to consider securing the movement with a spacer and fitting a new stem and crown. Not for the faint at heart.

Thank you. I actually am not afraid to tinker around ive been replacing some movements mostly for seiko 5 but those are relatively easy to find cases for. What happened was i had an old citizen with a light blue dial and i got a scratch on it and decided to try to buff it out. Forgot that it was plated bronze. Originally liked the patina on the bronze but im definitely a stainless guy. I will figure out the calibur and get back to yah

On 4/18/2019 at 1:46 PM, saswatch88 said:

Myiota 8200a it seems recently old not sure of an exact date

16 hours ago, Marc5555 said:

Myiota 8200a it seems recently old not sure of an exact date

oh yea thats a vintage movement and cases are not available aftermarket. but you can find a parts citizen and use the case