6498 clone shock spring problem

Hi to all,

I recently acquired a 6498 clone movement (Corgeut watch) to play with while watching Mark's videos and broke the top balance shock spring. To my surprise it was not a Incabloc spring but something like a KIF TRIOR or similar. I am attaching a picture.

I bought an assortment of shock springs from Cousins but the closest one I found was just a bit bigger than the original and does not fit. I am attaching a picture of the original and the new one.

Any ideas what this spring is and where I can get one?

Thanks

IMG_0125.JPG

I bought a 6497 clone, too, and at my first try the upper spring flew up and got lost. This one had a standard Incabloc shape ("lyre"), but of slightly different dimensions. So, it did not fit. To my chagrin I found out the there is no market for clone replacement parts. And clones are not really 100% identical to ETA original. For some unknown reason they made "improvements" or just imperfect copies of some parts. The clone, being so inexpensive, they want you to buy a new one rather than trying to make repair.

On my Seagull I found a way, imperfect but Ok for practice, to use a standard Incablock lower spring. It's smaller but it can be carefully maneuvered into place.

I purchased an assortment from Jules Borel which did work in the Chinese movement I had at that time.  Later another seemingly identical movement with engraved (stamped) plates came with regular INCA type springs.  

The great thing about standards is that there are so many from which to choose!

I wasted 30 minutes trying to figure out why the going barrel from that stamped plate model wouldn't work in the smooth plate variety.  It had different teeth!

Here is a pdf with some size data.  Hope it helps.

KIF shock springs.pdf