Question And Admission!

Hi Blake,

You can get the stainless steel, antimagnetic Dumoxel ( I think?) tweezers. Not the regular steel...maybe the high tech model...just a thought.

Cheers,

Bob

PS. I didn't notice we were a mere 200 miles away (Miami - > Orlando)!

Hi Blake,

You can get the stainless steel, antimagnetic Dumoxel ( I think?) tweezers. Not the regular steel...maybe the high tech model...just a thought.

Cheers,

Bob

PS. I didn't notice we were a mere 200 miles away (Miami - > Orlando)!

Thanks, I'll be placing orders soon so I can have something to do over the holiday break.  I was actually in Miami a couple weeks back for my Father in Laws 75th birthday.  Being married to a Cuban means we're there at least once a year to visit her family.

BlakeL, on 16 Dec 2014 - 04:21 AM, said:

As for the higher quality tweezers, If I were to start with a #2, there are quite a few on Ofrei that are around $20-26 but I'm not sure which would be best.

Blakey,  contact besos100 on ebay (hope that link works).  And ask him for a set of Brass Tweezers.  He sells used Dumont Gold Plated Brass Tweezer in sets of 4 (N01/N02/N03/N04) for around $45.  All they need is for you to touch up the points and they're good to go.

I've brought a couple of sets of him, and even if they are not listed for sale he's still got them ... just send him a PM in fleabay.

Blakey,  contact besos100 on ebay (hope that link works).  And ask him for a set of Brass Tweezers.  He sells used Dumont Gold Plated Brass Tweezer in sets of 4 (N01/N02/N03/N04) for around $45.  All they need is for you to touch up the points and they're good to go.

I've brought a couple of sets of him, and even if they are not listed for sale he's still got them ... just send him a PM in fleabay.

Thanks, I sent him a message through eBay.

*Good stuff guys!

The only thing I use Steel Tweezers for and fine pair to lift the incabloc keepers.  Parts just don't ping from brass tweezers like they do with steel, and there's also very little chance of marking any of the delicate components.

I also like them because they force you to have a soft touch ... after you've dressed your bent tweezers a few times, you too will learn gentle tweezer technique: I sure did :) *Snicker*