Poljot 2415 cap jewel?

Can anybody help.

I'm a novice to watch repairs therefore my experience is limited.

I have taken apart my fathers old Poljot 2415 automatic watch (bought around 1969/1970) and has been in my drawer since my father died in 2011, it did not run so i thought 'a nice little project for me, but i think another novice has been at it in years gone by. I say that because i found a strange component just 'floating' around within the mechanism which i eventually tracked down as being one of the drive dogs from inside the coupling clutch which i took apart and found 3 drive dogs inside the mechanism instead of four. Problem of what the 'floating' part was now solved. As i continued with the strip down i was confused which is where i now need help; the balance cock has a jewel in a brass/bronze holder (chaton?), an end stone or cap jewel (are these terms interchangeable?) and the retaining spring making up what i believe is the shock protection device, so far so good,but in the main plate the shock protection device is the same set up but there is no cap jewel. My question is, should there be a cap jewel? and if so,how and where would i get hold of one and what dimensions? can i assume it would be the same as the balance cock cap jewel?

The photo shows the spring, cap jewel and jewel in brass holder.

Any advice/help at this stage would be appreciated.

I'm sure i will need more help as the project moves on.

Thanks in advance

IMG_4170.jpg

46 minutes ago, rogart63 said:

There should be a cap jewel. Not sure they are red as they usually are thought . Seen white ones and you hardly see them.  I have some poljot parts left if there is anything you need . Did the setting lever arrive as it should? 

Yes, thanks Roger. They arrived today (nice stamps). I finished the watch and just have to give it back to it's owner (unless I can buy it off him).

This is not my thread though.

• Like 1

Thanks ftwizard; i'm a little concerned about trial and error due to my inexperience, is it possible to cause damage if the wrong size cap jewel is used?

Thanks also to rogart63; what is the protocol for members supplying parts to other members.

I'm new to forums so apologies for replying to two members at the same time; if there is a set way of doing things on forums?  i'm open to advice.

3 hours ago, Myron62 said:

I'm new to forums so apologies for replying to two members at the same time; if there is a set way of doing things on forums?  i'm open to advice.

No advertising or sales, OK to ask for help locating, as well to offer parts for free or postage like many generous members do.
Anything else is better discussed by email.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ftwizard said:

Yes, thanks Roger. They arrived today (nice stamps). I finished the watch and just have to give it back to it's owner (unless I can buy it off him).

This is not my thread though.

That i see now :)  I can help Myron62 aslo if he needs parts for the poljot. 

3 hours ago, jdm said:

No advertising or sales, OK to ask for help locating, as well to offer parts for free or postage like many generous members do.
Anything else is better discussed by email.

Like to help . If i have the parts. But don't like the ones that always ask for parts. And not contributing to the forum. I ask for help sometimes and it's great to get some back. Scratch your back and you scratch mine :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks ftwizard; i'm a little concerned about trial and error due to my inexperience, is it possible to cause damage if the wrong size cap jewel is used?
Thanks also to rogart63; what is the protocol for members supplying parts to other members.

Should be pretty obvious if it’s the wrong size. You can’t really do any damage and it’s good practice at handling cap jewels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...