What2buy?

Johnnie

Hi all, first,, my knowledge is very limited and I am about to enrol in Mark's tutorials and I need some sound advice. I have the basic tools etc but feel it's time to invest in a timegrapher and ultrasonic cleaner, there are so many my head spins! Any ideas as to which? would be so helpful to me. Also to any of you that have completed Mark's courses, any tools that were a must have? Many thanks in advance. 

And there is my previous answer, making the both of us big duplicate posters :)

I think that you certainly need the timegrapher but not the u/s cleaner. You can clean equally well without one, it may take just a bit longer. I had one and I don't consider it that much important. Beside, isn't recommended to use it with flammable solutions, that is the ones that clean good. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, jdrichard said:

You can buy a software computer Timegrapher which should be good enough. I bought etimer. Not cheap but really good and all you need is a computer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thank you jdrichard, I am off to Google it, when I started looking I didn't realise there were so many out there, and I have ended up not being able to see the wood for the trees ! Thanks again.

Thank you jdrichard, I am off to Google it, when I started looking I didn't realise there were so many out there, and I have ended up not being able to see the wood for the trees ! Thanks again.

You can use the mic part of iPhone headphones as well, plugged into your computer. There are tricks to boost the mic if you are running windows 10.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jdrichard said:

You can use the mic part of iPhone headphones as well, plugged into your computer. There are tricks to boost the mic if you are running windows 10.

Not sure what is on main computer, I rarely use it jd, mostly use my Hudl. Will check in the morning as I don't want to wake grumpy up to ask lol. Many thanks.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Johnnie said:

Hi Jdm, I was looking as to which timegrapher ? I have absolutely no knowledge of them and was looking to being pointed in the right direction. Many thanks :biggrin:

Check pinned thread: 

I don't doubt that software based ones are good and cheaper but I like an always-ready instrument on my bench, no fiddling and it gives me with a good stand which makes easy to regulate and switch positions.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jdm said:

Check pinned thread: 

I don't doubt that software based ones are good and cheaper but I like an always-ready instrument on my bench, no fiddling and it gives me with a good stand which makes easy to regulate and switch positions.

Jdm, thank you, having a good read up now. As I know zilch I rely on other WRT say! The apps obviously are appealing money wise and because you have instant access. But having a timegrapher on my desk would be easier for me as our main computer is in another room,,,. And is usually locked in the shopping channel lol.