can't id movement maker

I don't know for certain if a 6601 mainspring would fit or not. Personally, I would go for it and give it a try assuming that you can find one. Keep in mind that these movements date to the 1960's and are now closing in on being 60 years old. On this side of the pond (US) evil bay has exactly zero mainsprings for sale but there are three working vintage watches listed. They are very dear indeed. You may have to get out your calipers and measure, then hopefully find something close enough to work. Good luck!

4 minutes ago, TexasDon said:

I don't know for certain if a 6601 mainspring would fit or not. Personally, I would go for it and give it a try assuming that you can find one. Keep in mind that these movements date to the 1960's and are now closing in on being 60 years old. On this side of the pond (US) evil bay has exactly zero mainsprings for sale but there are three working vintage watches listed. They are very dear indeed. You may have to get out your calipers and measure, then hopefully find something close enough to work. Good luck!

CousinsUK stock a mainspring for the 6601A movement, a Generale Ressorts GR3507X

• Like 1