Horologicalsuppliers Co Uk

• 4 weeks later...

A bit late to the party on this one, but its quite easy to figure it all out.

You can search the "who is" data base for any website & this one registers to jnash he opted out of showing his address but a google search for his name pulls up a result for his blog & if you do a whois for that address you find out where he lives, his telephone number & his email address. all in the public not so private domain.

you have to be sooooooooo careful jnash! lol

I'm so glad you have your "Old" details perish the thought of anyone wanting to know the new ones! you say nothing to hide, but in my view its shady and also against the UK's distance selling regulations

https://www.gov.uk/online-and-distance-selling-for-businesses/overview

I for one wouldn't deal with you with your current website. you have some good gear too. not adding a contact even to a new website is never going to launch it into the horological world as a game player.

Just a view of course.

I'm so glad you have your "Old" details perish the thought of anyone wanting to know the new ones! you say nothing to hide, but in my view its shady and also against the UK's distance selling regulations

https://www.gov.uk/online-and-distance-selling-for-businesses/overview

I for one wouldn't deal with you with your current website. you have some good gear too. not adding a contact even to a new website is never going to launch it into the horological world as a game player.

Just a view of course.

Fiar point, I didn't really think it was a problem as lots have sold to all around the world, lot more inventory going up as I have time, didn't realise not having a address would cause a problem as one of us reply pretty quickly. Opinion noted and hopefully get it actioned [emoji1]

• 3 weeks later...

If you take payments via PayPal your protected against any wrong doing, this goes for the buyer or the seller, so it makes no difference if you disclose your address or not. In this day and age it's impossible to find the address of a lot of online business's on their website unless you search whois or companies house. I don't see it as a problem and wish you luck with your business.

PS I had a read through the distance selling regulations and no where does it state you must provide an address. You have to provide business name and contact details, contact details could be phone, email, fax or the name of your carrier pigeon - not address. A lot of business's these days are run from home and you don't want your home address plastered all over the Internet.

It does not matter if it is in law or not, from a business point of view I believe it is good practice to provide potential customers with information about who they are dealing with. It gives customers confidence, plain and simple.

Jnash is trying to start a business and he seems to be dedicated to his website, I have seen progress on it and it is starting to look good. I wish him all the best and I hope it is a success for him.

• 2 weeks later...

I do a lot of online buying for work buying IT parts and stuff.

Personally I always look to see what address & phone number are listed in the "Contact Us" section (if there is one).

If it only lists a mobile I generally give them a wide berth unless its the only option available and then only do business if there's not a lot of money involved.

• Like 1