Johnnie

Oils for Seiko ?

Question

Hi all, I am about to clean and oil a Seiko 6319a movement and have realised I have no idea as to the correct oil/oils to use? Any advice gratefully received, many thanks in advance ! 

5 answers to this question

Seiko recommended oils are listed in the service sheet, do you have it? If not, some member will be quick in attaching it here.
Now, Seiko original lubricants can be bought on Ebay for a reasonable price, but more practically you would buy Moebious products, in fact Seiko doesn't even sell a Moebious  "A", that is 9015, equivalent. In any case, there is nothing special about the 6139, just follow the general thread: 

Hi again Watchweasol. Fantastic! Yes it will help me so much in the future. I am happy to admit I know very little and didn't really give oils much attention.... Until today. My head was only thinking about stripping cleaning and putting it back together properly ! We live and learn, today I have learnt something vitality important so thank you very much for taking the time to help me. Best regards Johnnie:)