Jarod

Hi guys,

First time writing on a blog to find out a few technical issues regarding a Tudor watch that I have recently has repaired. I have previously had it serviced for a full service and overhaul and paid a lto of money on the repair only a few months ago. I have tested the movement on a timegraph machine and the results show that there is a large beat error and low amplitude and a variance in the timing.  If you could please let me know your thoughts?  

iansymons tudor after service.jpg

wow! Well since you said it was recently serviced and giving the watch repairer the benefit of the doubt that he is a pro who knows what he is doing. my guess is watch is magnetized but normally that would yield + seconds with low so i dont know i dont want to bash a fellow watch repairer without due process. if you have a demagnetizer you can demag the balance and the movement separate. if you dont have a "demagger" then you can check it by passing the watch around a compass (do this first either way). if the needle moves off of north then watch is magnetized and any watch repairer can demag a watch within 2 minutes and most likely wont cost much if anything. plus services and overhauls usually have a 1 year warranty.

now if it is not magnetized then either wrong mainspring was installed or he changed a hairspring and just didnt bother to set/vibrate the hairspring in beat. cracked a jewel setting a bridge, many things could have gone wrong. and in that case take it back and demand he fix it.

Edited by saswatch88

Caliber please,   Tudor makes eta movements some beat 28800 bph others higher, this to know and have a baseline to compare readings with.  Also the power level at which these TG readings were produced. Was the piece fully wound?  half full? One hunderdth?  At very low power levels such imperfections are not unexpected  especially if the piece is old. 

Regards 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Nucejoe said:

Caliber please,   Tudor makes eta movements some beat 28800 bph others higher, this to know and have a baseline to compare readings with.  Also the power level at which these TG readings were produced. Was the piece fully wound?  half full? One hunderdth?  At very low power levels such imperfections are not unexpected  especially if the piece is old. 

Regards 

haha i love this man, my response was a little more cut throat lol. but only thing that concerns me though is the beat error nuce. would it be so high or any at all if it was just low power on the train from winding down? and wouldnt these extreme readings be seen within a short time frame before watch finally came to a stop? just spit balling here never really had this issue since i always know to wind my watches when timing, so not sure what to expect under such circumstances.

Presumably both the watch owner and repairman reside in europe, perhaps in Great Britton, so I safely conclude the repairman is licenced and knows in and outs of in beat :lol:.  On the other hand No human being can guarantee a tiny hair didn,t get inside as he screws the back on.

No one is perfect , yet  limited outlook on a given subjects at an instance. If you were to list all possibilties,fault,issues, you wouldn,t leave any room for me to respond. 

Thanks to the likes of JJ thompson, Hertz, bose and the rest of great man who showed electrons have spin , EM field exist, and crystals have electrical properties , to give birth to electronics so we can share  ideas across the globe and learn, developements, improvements for mankinds betterment stemming from it, are yet to be seen.

Aren,t we all learning? 

Regards

• Like 1