Breitling chronometre running backwards

Check the stator, if it has been slightly deformed it can make the watch run backwards.

A heavy bang or drop can be enough to bend it and cause it to run backwards

Edited by Tmuir
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, watchweasol said:

Hi    Thats the stator assembly It looks ok , Is the rotor ok pivots not bent etc, there is always the possibility of the circuit assy being faulty.

Hi, yes I checked the stator on an engineering plate and it seemed straight and true, the rotor pivots all looked good so put it back together and it is still running backwards, unless someone can tell me differently I have come to the same conclusion that it must be the circuit. Have no idea where I will get a circuit from.

12 minutes ago, watchweasol said:

Hi Q  Did I read the numbers right  eta 35-4874 for the calibre, had look on the eta lists its not on how old is the watch, they now use normaline ,flatline  etc as definitions of the class of quartz watches. 

Took a look at an slightly older one it had a ETA 988.332 this movement is an ETA 988.333

so i have tested the coils and my tester says they are ok but the fault is the ic according to my tester which i assume means intergrated circuit, trouble is im not an electrician, anybody know where i can get a circuit board from?