New Member + Dial-fitting question!

Hi WRT community!

Full-time graduate student and aspiring amateur watch-tinker-er here. My first watch was a quartz victorinox gifted from my grandma when I was 12 years old and thus began a (so-far) life-long appreciation for watches of all kinds.

I have only recently started tinkering with watches myself - trying to repair some old Seiko movements from ebay - and came across this forum a few months ago. I am currently amidst my first foray into building a watch using various parts from ebay, and was hoping I could mine the wealth of wisdom here for some advice before I pull the trigger on a watch case. My question is this: I have a 33.5 mm watch dial, and the case I am interested in fits a 33 mm dial normally. Given the 0.5mm discrepency between the case and dial, would I still be able to fit my dial into the case? Or is it better to find a case made for a 33.5 mm dial?

Looking forward to learning more from you all, and growing this hobby!

Best,

Dave

41 minutes ago, dangerousDabbler said:

My question is this: I have a 33.5 mm watch dial, and the case I am interested in fits a 33 mm dial normally. Given the 0.5mm discrepency between the case and dial, would I still be able to fit my dial into the case? Or is it better to find a case made for a 33.5 mm dial?

Without access to the case in question, it becomes a matter of probability.
The dial will probably fit, however it might not.
Given that is the situation, you then have to ask, is it worth the risk.

That I suspect depends on whether you could either return  the undersized case, or use it for another project.
If you want to eliminate the risk, you could of course ask the seller to measure the case and let you know the exact dimensions.