6119-6023 rotating inner bezel problem

Thanks in advance it appears that the 6119-6023,inner plastic bezel needs servicing more frequently then say you would the movement does anybody have experience keeping them alive and a part # please . What would you oil it with or what is the secret to stoping it from sticking and chewing out .this is a great forum .regards bob

Edited by Robdoy47

i use silicone grease on my 6139 inner bezels, use pegwood or scratch brush to get off any dirt inside the case where the rings rests , then clean in an ultrasonic if you have one. Then i actually polish the ridge where the bezel sits. then add a thin layer of grease. over the years the crown gaskets break and or shrink letting dirt and debris into the case. it accumulates in the stem and keys, and the stem gear then transfers it to the bezel thus spreading it and caking it along the inside of the case. same way an outer bezel on an old watch will seize, once you remove the bezel you can see the dirt that was caked underneath it. I would suggest getting new crown gaskets as well for the watch to ensure this wont occur again.

EDIT: if there is nothing physically wrong with the old bezel it can be cleaned using soap water, and fiber or plastic brush.

Edited by saswatch88

Not sure oil  or grease is any good . It will attract dirt instead. Don't put it in ultrasonic either. Use some Rodico to clean the cogs if they are dirty. If very dirty and hard to clean use a sharp toothpick to pick the dirt out first. And make sure you have the right parts and crystal. So the inner ring sits as it should. I have seen lost of pouges with AM crystal that eat the cogs for breakfast. If the inner should have to much play it could chew the cogs to. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rogart63 said:

Not sure oil  or grease is any good . It will attract dirt instead. Don't put it in ultrasonic either. Use some Rodico to clean the cogs if they are dirty. If very dirty and hard to clean use a sharp toothpick to pick the dirt out first. And make sure you have the right parts and crystal. So the inner ring sits as it should. I have seen lost of pouges with AM crystal that eat the cogs for breakfast. If the inner should have to much play it could chew the cogs to. 

there is no problem using grease if the case is sealed with new gaskets, grease and oil is applied all throughout a movement so if we were to be worried about attracting dirt then we probably wouldnt be oiling movements. And would you mind explaining why you dont recommend cleaning a case in an ultrasonic cleaner.

11 hours ago, saswatch88 said:

there is no problem using grease if the case is sealed with new gaskets, grease and oil is applied all throughout a movement so if we were to be worried about attracting dirt then we probably wouldnt be oiling movements. And would you mind explaining why you dont recommend cleaning a case in an ultrasonic cleaner.

Cleaning a case in ultrasonic would be fine. I thought it was the inner ring that was going in the bath. That i don't recommend. Wouldn't even get i close to water as the lume on the arrow can fall of.  

Edited by rogart63

9 hours ago, rogart63 said:

Cleaning a case in ultrasonic would be fine. I thought it was the inner ring that was going in the bath. That i don't recommend. Wouldn't even get i close to water as the lume on the arrow can fall of.  

the lume wont come if your using soaked peg wood or brush on the teeth, a dip and soak is a different story.

• Like 1