Watch stopped

Hi

I have a 2006 G10 which is a couple of years in my ownership and has worked well.

Recently it went to a four second movement which I assumed was the battery. I went to get new batter fitted and it did not start again. Tried numerous batteries.

Mine has a spring contact sitting loose above the battery although my brothers G10 doesn’t. 

Juat suddenly stopped. Does the four second delay indicate anything - as the battery tested ok and powered my brothers normally?

Thanks

I don't know about this specific watch but often quartz watches require a further step which is typically shorting between the battery and somewhere on the case or movement, where this applies there should be print on an insert in the case back or on an isolator. (Small plastic sheet) inside the case.

The CWC G10 has a ETA movement. Think it's a 955.112 or 955.114 . Should work without the spring as the contact is on the side.  Check so the insulator is there. And that it's in contact. If you press it down does the watch work. 

Edited by rogart63

5 hours ago, m1ks said:

I don't know about this specific watch but often quartz watches require a further step which is typically shorting between the battery and somewhere on the case or movement, where this applies there should be print on an insert in the case back or on an isolator. (Small plastic sheet) inside the case.

i have had a similar problem.  "  watch stops, but starts again when the time is reset" ,  change the battery and "its dead".   i think it is a natural electronic death.    salute and throw it in the bin.  vin