Tool opinion question

BigSapphire

Thanks to strings here, I am about to buy some Dumont #2 tweezers. I figure I'll go with Dumoxel alloy.  As I am a light-use hobbyist, I think would be a good crossover between maintenance (non rusting), price, and function.  If I made my living with a set, I'd go carbon or Dumostar.  It's clear Dumont is the best maker and that a #2 is a good jumping-off place, followed by a #5 later. Opinions? 

Also, as I seem to do a lot of quartz battery replacements for friends, family and myself, a gasket lubricator would be great.  Otto Frei has a reasonable looking one for not too much, which carries Silicon 747 grease.  The same lube is available in a syringe, which would work for stems, and other uses.  Don't mind spending more if needed but if it is a good product, why do so? Has anyone used this greaser and lube? 

The balance between cost and performance of tools is important.  Like with the tweezers, a more expensive tool has been reported to be very much worth the money.  Sometimes however, the more modestly priced item can be as good, or better, than a higher cost item.  I can think of some of my automotive tools which fall into that bucket.  It's all about value for money spent, and this is where forums are GREAT!  New here, and am enjoying reading and learning.  Thanks!

• Like 1

For your second set of tweezers go with #4 before #5, #5 you only really need for hairspring work.

The grease lubricators that have 2 foam pads full of silicon grease are great for gaskets I do recommend one I have the Horotec Silcon 7 Applicator, I also have another tub of silicon grease for o rings on watch crowns, the cost of the grease is little compared to other tools

I'll say that Dumostar is worth every extra penny they cost, they are way way better than Dumoxel. Like 10x better.  If you want a bare set of tweezers, the #2 is good, I'd recommend a 4 or 5 (they are practically the same), some brass or nickel- I use Dumont #12, and since you are doing a lot of batteries some plastic tipped for handling them.