Space Age Timex?

I have yellow and orange versions of this watch I picked up from a charity shop they are from a range of watches called "Fun Timer" from the late 60's early 1970's they are one piece plastic cases, not bad to say they where 15 years ahead of Swatch.

3 hours ago, wls1971 said:

I have yellow and orange versions of this watch I picked up from a charity shop they are from a range of watches called "Fun Timer" from the late 60's early 1970's they are one piece plastic cases, not bad to say they where 15 years ahead of Swatch.

Do they have a standard (and thus repairable) mechanism. If so they are 1,000 years ahead of Swatch. :D

yes they are from the fun timer series and here is the service bulletin on how to remove the stem.

strange that I have never had one.  I'm guessing 1970's but I don't see them in any of the catalogs I have.

The 70's was a fantastic era in shape, styling and use of color for the watch industry.

DSC00615.JPG

Edited by JerseyMo
add

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
On 3/30/2019 at 3:43 PM, JerseyMo said:

I'm guessing 1970's but I don't see them in any of the catalogs I have.

I just won one of these on auction. It appears in a supplement to the 1973 catalog https://heritage1854.com/1973catalog-reference

I'm glad I stumbled on your post of the stem removal before chewing up the case to figure it out.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Topics

• in general this shouldn't be any change. but in general questions like this it be nice to know the specifics of the watch in other words how was it performing before it was cased up and what is it doing now.
    • just as a reminder this watch is a Swatch group product. This will bring up a problem like spare parts and technical information. that I found some links to some information on when I talk about your watch and some of the technical and basically your watch is equivalent to 2834-2 for which I'm attaching the technical sheets. But equivalent does not mean exactly the same you want to do a search on the group for C07 as we discussed this watch before including the technical differences how it's supposed to be regulated and basically because it's watch group there is no parts availability. https://calibercorner.com/eta-caliber-c07-xxx/   https://www.chrono24.com/magazine/eta-movements-from-the-2824-2-to-the-powermatic-80-p_80840/ https://www.watchuseek.com/threads/h-10-movement-details.4636991/ eta CT_2834-2_FDE_481857_15.pdf
    • people be honest.... Swatch is evil for the watchmakers and repairers, BUT not everything in watches from Switzerland is from the Swatch-Group. As far as i know, Selitta got sacked by Swatch as a Movement-Assembler for them and they started to produce Movements in their own Name with slight Modifications. As far as i know, they sell Parts to the Market for their Movements. In most cases, if a ETA-Movement fails, it is a valid Option to replace it with a Selitta Movement, which i consider the Solution for this Mess with the Swatch-Group...... I have no Connection to anybody at Selitta, but being a Swiss-Guy, i still like to have Swiss-Made Watches, but not from the Swatch-Group.   ok ? regards, Ernst
    • Just one more greedy act by Swatch. They started a number of years ago here in the US..cutting off supplies to watchmakers that could build complications that many Swatch houses couldn't even touch. Old school masters who had gone through some of the most prestigious houses in the world. Otto Frei has some statements on their page about it. I tell all my customers to avoid new Swiss watches like the plague,..unless they just want an older one in their collection that still has some parts out on the market, or they have really deep pockets and don't mind waiting months and paying through the nose to get it back. Plenty of others to choose from..IE Seiko,..or other non-swiss brands Even a number of Chinese brands are catching up with the Swiss,..and I think that in time, their actions will be their downfall
    • Yes. If that's not what you are experiencing...start looking for something rubbing. A 1st guess is that one of the hands is rubbing against the hole in the center of the dial. Especially if you now have lower amplitude in face up/ face down positions.