Hello from a Newbie

Thanks for the add.  I am a non-repentant watch collector who has done light maintenance for some time.  I have about 35 watches, Japanese, European and US, with a variety of movements. 

I've changed bands and batteries as needed for quite some time, and have done quite a bit of non-watch repair work over the years.  I'm a retired mechanical engineer and so am comfortable with equipment in general. 

I'm ready to move on to more advanced watch repair and will welcome input and guidance from the folks here as I learn!  I'd like to progress to a full teardown, clean and oil, and calibration of an automatic, but that's down the road...   Right now I want to build my tools and abilities in preparation.   Great being here!

Hi BigSapphire, you have come to the right place! You will find many very knowledgeable people on this forum who are happy to help you carry out whatever project you are working on. There is a vast pool of knowledge here and these guys and girls are never stumped. Sadly, I am not one of the knowledgeable people! Probably one of the least knowledgeable. So welcome to " the happy factory " :)