H8CAK

Shockproof or not?

Question

4 answers to this question

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

• Topics

• Hello, I'm dean I'm 24 from the UK and have a massive interest in watches since I was about 12, I am currently a hgv truck driver and play around repairing and selling watches in my spare time (while paying a mortgage and looking after 4 children)!.   My dream is do watch repair as a full time job, and I one day will have my own little shop where I can repair watches and sell them as well, but am a very long way from achieveing that dream!, anyone else have the same dream?    Does anyone know of some good books or online courses to help me along the way with understanding a bit more about repairs?  Thanks!! 
    • Thanks buddy its been the hardest thing ever but i know this is my calling one day. Its only after my dads passing i have realised how gifted my dad really  was so many of he's mates from the watch trade told me he was the one watch repairer who could do any job which was put his way i remember him servicing 6 highend swiss watches back to back for a client he had never worked on these watch before modern automatic movements but this did not put him off, i told him return them undone as the cost of these watches was eye watering he said stuff this im gona do them 8 days later all done so my dad says hey son them watches gave me a few more extra white hairs but iv cracked it bring me more of them i loved the challange.
    • @jdm thanks for the link. Interesting reading, I shall have to dig a little deeper and see if I can find something on how it works. 
    • Many people use brass or nickel tweezers for pretty much all work except where finer or more specialized tweezers are necessary. Most professionals I know use brass/nickel for majority of their work. Not only are they less prone to mark parts, they are very easy and quick to dress, and being slightly soft compared to steel, they tend to hold parts better without them flying away.
    • Hi andy! Thanks for the info mate! I’ll look more into it now! Cheers! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk