Hi everyone, new here from Ontario Canada

rstl99

I started into old clocks and watches as a hobby about 3-4 years ago.  First old clocks, learned to restore a few American ones, a couple of French carriage clocks, odds and ends.  Started acquiring necessary tools.  Then my interest focused on old pocket watches, eventually settling on older verge-fusee watches from 18th century, predominantly French/Paris.  I enjoy buying old movements and working on them.  Satisfies my need to wield tools and work on mechanical objects, now that I'm at an age where working on cars is no longer of interest.  Working on watches meant buying a LOT more tool$, so I've slowly been building up a bit of a tool kit, and even more slowly learning how to use them properly, which means buying and reading a LOT of books.  Anyway, it's been fun and continues to be a source of mental challenge and stimulation that they say is good to ward off Alzheimer's!  Look forward to chatting with some of you here.  

Best regards

--Robert

3 hours ago, rstl99 said:

I started into old clocks and watches as a hobby about 3-4 years ago.  First old clocks, learned to restore a few American ones, a couple of French carriage clocks, odds and ends.  Started acquiring necessary tools.  Then my interest focused on old pocket watches, eventually settling on older verge-fusee watches from 18th century, predominantly French/Paris.  I enjoy buying old movements and working on them.  Satisfies my need to wield tools and work on mechanical objects, now that I'm at an age where working on cars is no longer of interest.  Working on watches meant buying a LOT more tool$, so I've slowly been building up a bit of a tool kit, and even more slowly learning how to use them properly, which means buying and reading a LOT of books.  Anyway, it's been fun and continues to be a source of mental challenge and stimulation that they say is good to ward off Alzheimer's!  Look forward to chatting with some of you here.  

Best regards

--Robert

or you could play solitaire... welcome

Welcome rstl99....You will find lots of invaluable knowledge and plenty of help here. Its got to be better than watching television !!! Reality, Reality, Reality TV ....It got so I only watched the news and now 'Brexit' has stopped  me watching that. The House of Fools..

:D

Edited by chrisdt
spelling

• 4 weeks later...