TWild

Hello to all, let me introduce myself. I am 58 years old and nearing retirement. I am an avid handyman and can fix just about any type of mechanical component (car engines, small engines, washers, dryers, electrical items etc...). One thing I haven't tried to repair is a watch. I have an older neighbor that introduced me to antique mantel clock repair and troubleshooting, which I found it to be extremely complicated. I thought this might be a good place to get some knowledge about time keeping mechanisms.

One other reason I joined was to help my older neighbor. He lost his wife about 12 years ago and he is trying to repair a watch that belonged to her. he wants his wife's watch to be a gift to his granddaughter, whom just happens to be fascinated with watches. 

Hopefully I can find the correct resources here to learn more about watch repair and in turn, help an old friend pass on a family heirloom. 

Tom