Help identifying vintage Movement

H8CAK

a2ddb37e8775692fde8f2aa0cac4babc.jpg
You will see from s movement I worked on a few weeks ago that it has the same shield logo with a T in it. This movement was Dimier Frères and was very similar to an AS 676. I’m not sure if this will help you but my watch was from the same era (1920s).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's an AS movement. TR is Ebauches Trust the forerunner of Ebauches SA, ETA, and in simplified terms was an umbrella organisation for most Ebauches makers in the old days. AS was a founder member. There's loads about Ebauches SA if you google it, all gets a bit complicated.

19 minutes ago, eezy said:

It's an AS movement. TR is Ebauches Trust the forerunner of Ebauches SA, ETA, and in simplified terms was an umbrella organisation for most Ebauches makers in the old days. AS was a founder member. There's loads about Ebauches SA if you google it, all gets a bit complicated.

complicated like the movements when it comes to sourcing parts

It's a AS thats for sure. I saw one that asked about a similar one  yesterday.  How does it look on the other side.

So as Rogart63 said, do you have a photo of the other side, and another preferably with the escapement removed?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If HS is all you need,  hairsprings of similair or close physical specification and structural properties can be fitted on. A sample of the HS, a piece left on collet or stud, is the guideline to see what spring is highly likely to vibrate the BW to the right beat, through shortening the HS.

If you got spare HS,  selecting one by comparison is within reach. 

Repairman usually perfer to select one with collet already attached and that fit the collet seat on the BW. 

This may sound nonsense to you, thats how it was before production advanced and cheap ready to instal complete balances were made available.

5 hours ago, AdamC said:

So as Rogart63 said, do you have a photo of the other side, and another preferably with the escapement removed?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ill get a picture when i get home tonight if i haven't got one on my phone. Thank you for the reply.

It looks like an AS 52 or AS202 but the whole balance plate seems to been replaced with a later part.

Wow, I agree that the top plate bridges look like they’ve been re-fabricated. I can see the similarity of the AS 52/202 calibers. Perhaps as Nucejoe suggested, it might be worth seeing if you can find a similar hairspring that will fit the balance wheel as it’s going to be almost impossible to get an exact replacement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk