Cyma Stem

I must be getting clumsy,  old (or both). I have broken 2 stems in a week. HSL very kindly sorted me an equivilant for an ETA movement. Now a nice little Cyma has suffered the same fate through me being careless. You know the type. Snap on back. movement comes out inserted in the back. Dial is flush with the edge of the case. Can''t lever dial for fear of damage so a finger nail under the crown usually free's up the movement. Not with this one. The stem broke like a carrot. An extension is not possible because there is no thread left on the business end of the stem. The usual suppliers tell me that its obsolete. Any ideas from anyone that might help me get a stem for a 486-2.

P1010049.JPG

P1010050.JPG

Edited by chrisdt
spelling

If you have a look for the Ronda winding stem replacement you should look for one called RONDA 1362, sometimes it's easier to get those.

cousinuk obviously says they are obselute but a romainian ebayer has them, bought some odd stuff from him before.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Cyma-Tavannes-watch-stem-1pc-NEW-many-calibers-1-13600-aufzugwellen-tige-NOS/392155509345?hash=item5b4e4a3261:m:mPeA9Xj8u9nYtzZ60NQMzog

Edited by HSL
added link
  • Like 1

Thanks again HSL Your a lifesaver. Think I will use that link you gave me....I did find another website called Windingstems.com which might be useful in the future but a bit more expensive. Especially if I keep breaking 2 a week