mindz

2783 Stop lever

Question

Having just taken apart an ETA 2783 movement ive realised it doesnt have a stop lever. I found an old data sheet showing the number for this part is 9433. being somewhat similar to the 2824 i was wondering if using a stop lever from a 2824 would work with the 2783?

4 answers to this question

Thank you for the reply, i was thinking the same thing, i have another 2783 to take apart, i'll see if it has this piece. The old eta sheet says it does but until now i havent found anything to confirm it.

I agree with rogarţ,  First time I hear of stop lever on eta2783, the ones in west end watch and I think fortis and couple of other brands I have in my collection and stuff have none. 

I imagine some more expensive pieces may put in a stop lever, which to me is  indicative of higher grades of the same caliber, Rado for instance or raymond weil, mido. I have got some eta 2836 without, in fortis and eta2836 with the feature in Rado.    Regards joe