Gucci 9300

AlexC

Hi, Newby to the forum looking for some help. 

My Dad has given me a Gucci 9300 watch as he stopped wearing it. The reason he stopped wearing it was his wrist kept setting of the stop watch and flattening the battery. After paying for it to be sent away every 6 months to get a new battery, he started doing it himself. All was well until the last time when he apparently dropped a bit and a small screw that held the bit in !

Now here's the question. I am assuming the bit he lost is one of the screw on straps that holds the battery in ? What does the bit i'm missing look like and how do i go about getting a new one and the screw ? I have been to a couple of jewelers but they just want to send it back to gucci probably at great expense. Also the back comes off really easily with a kitchen knife so it would probably be a good idea to get a seal as well while i'm on ?

I have attached a pic of the movement so hopefully you can let me know what i need.

Any help or advise would be welcome.

Thanks

Alex

post-424-0-03449800-1416508524_thumb.jpg

Maybe i'm going blind but I can't see anything missing.

Perhaps an alarm spring? Does the watch back have an alarm sounding board on the inside? (looks like a white ceramic disk).

As for the back. You see that orange/red gasket around the inside of the case? That goes on the watch back FIRST before you refit the back. If it is not kinked or damaged then you should get a nice tight fit.

Look carefully at that gasket as one side will be very slightly tapered and the other side flat. The flat edge is against the watch back and the slightly tapered edge goes towards the watch case.

Hope this helps.

:)

• Like 1

Thanks for the quick reply.

I am assuming that there should be a strap over the second battery as the old man said he had dropped a bit. There is no alarm like you mentioned.

I wonder if i just chuck in a couple of new batteries and see if it will work again ?

The movement is a ronda, this does have a top contact on some watches but not all. The battery (a 364 if i'm not mistaken) should hold in under the tension of the side spring as the circuit cover plate has an overhang where the battery is.

I would say that you should pop in the batteries. I don't advise you getting the carded batteries off the market, get good quality cells made by a known brand. Renata, Varta, Rayovac or Energiser cells are the best and will be less likely to leak.