NEED HELP - Bergeon 5700-BP

Apocalypto

Hi everyone I am interested to buy Bergeon 5700-BP.

But before I buy it I need to see if someone can answer my questions, as I tried to contact bergeon itself but no response...

Anyone have it or can help me if this type of tool opens the most tightened back pressure cases and that can reach the back lip that sometimes its in the corner of the bezel and that it can open those that don't have back lip (Like Tissot / Longinges etc..)

I appreciate if someone can give me some advice before I buy it please.

Thanks,

Steven

I have one albeit the Chinese version. It will open any screw back watch case. Mine came with a set of milled edge adaptors for opening Rolex cases. I use it mainly for opening really tight cases because it has a locking wheel for maintaining downwards pressure. Especially useful when the gasket has degraded to a glue like substance. It obviates the risk of your watch looking like someone has opened the back with a chisel. I have mainly sixties and seventies Tissots on which it works well (except of course the Seastar Seven) The only down side is that its rather large being nearly 1 foot in height (30 cm) and the wheel at the top is like the steeing wheel from a pedal car being 6 inches in diameter (15cm) How it compares with the Bergeon version I'm not sure but what the hell its for taking case backs off. I wasnt about to remortgage for the sake of Bergeon. If you have a good set of basic tools then go for it.

14 minutes ago, chrisdt said:

I have one albeit the Chinese version. It will open any screw back watch case. Mine came with a set of milled edge adaptors for opening Rolex cases. I use it mainly for opening really tight cases because it has a locking wheel for maintaining downwards pressure. Especially useful when the gasket has degraded to a glue like substance. It obviates the risk of your watch looking like someone has opened the back with a chisel. I have mainly sixties and seventies Tissots on which it works well (except of course the Seastar Seven) The only down side is that its rather large being nearly 1 foot in height (30 cm) and the wheel at the top is like the steeing wheel from a pedal car being 6 inches in diameter (15cm) How it compares with the Bergeon version I'm not sure but what the hell its for taking case backs off. I wasnt about to remortgage for the sake of Bergeon. If you have a good set of basic tools then go for it.

Thanks for your help but 5700-BP is a different tool its not like 5700-Z. The one I am talking about is to open the pressure back cases (snap on) not screw back cases.

11 hours ago, Apocalypto said:

Hi everyone I am interested to buy Bergeon 5700-BP.

But before I buy it I need to see if someone can answer my questions, as I tried to contact bergeon itself but no response...

Anyone have it or can help me if this type of tool opens the most tightened back pressure cases and that can reach the back lip that sometimes its in the corner of the bezel and that it can open those that don't have back lip (Like Tissot / Longinges etc..)

I appreciate if someone can give me some advice before I buy it please.

Thanks,

Steven

I think few people have bought this tool...

On 3/25/2019 at 1:53 AM, jdrichard said:

I don’t think so. You need to pry these open.

The problem with prying manually is that as soon the tool slips - and on tight cases it does, you've got a scratch. That isn't acceptable.
Some members here got an affordable Chinese tool and I think I'll get one too. There is also another hinged type, but it's all plastic and I would not recommend it.

07115-Watch-Back-Opener-Tools-Watch-Snap

Edited by jdm

The problem with prying manually is that as soon the tool slips - and on tight cases it does, you've got a scratch. That isn't acceptable.
Some members here got an affordable Chinese tool and I think I'll get one too. There is also another hinged type, but it's all plastic and I would not recommend it.
07115-Watch-Back-Opener-Tools-Watch-Snap-on-Case-Back-Opener-for-Prizing-Watch-Bottom-Cover.jpg&key=0404f288c7c1932232bb5b9f56ebce188462ebaabb0441b913d038041856cb67

I have not scratched one yet, but I can see your point. Will the Subject tool work to remove a snap on case?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yes, this will remove a snap back case. One of the chisel points is extremely fine. If you should ever have a case that is too tight for the fine point to enter, just tap a single edge razor blade into the slit and that will open it enough. The tightest watch I've ever opened was a Bulova dress watch and this tool opened it with ease. It's also good for removing bezels.

• Like 1

Yes, this will remove a snap back case. One of the chisel points is extremely fine. If you should ever have a case that is too tight for the fine point to enter, just tap a single edge razor blade into the slit and that will open it enough. The tightest watch I've ever opened was a Bulova dress watch and this tool opened it with ease. It's also good for removing bezels.

I didn’t think I needed to buy yet one more tool, however......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

In the grand scheme of things, a tool is less expensive than ruining a good watch. Mine is a Horotec knock off produced by a Pacific rim country. The center post is fully adjustable as it is spring loaded so you can easily move it to the correct position. I purchased mine on evil bay for about $40 USD.

10 minutes ago, TexasDon said:

Mine is a Horotec knock off produced by a Pacific rim country. The center post is fully adjustable as it is spring loaded so you can easily move it to the correct position. I purchased mine on evil bay for about $40 USD.

I guess you mean Chinese? Is it the same in picture? Nothing wrong with posting links here as long is not blatant advertising.