• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

• Topics

• Small hole next  to the  center wheel  bushing. Factory or "repair"?
    • I would like to replace the battery as it is not currently running, cannot figure out how to open the case back.  It looks like one piece.   https://imgur.com/gallery/V8vyrqb
    • Hello All, I'm wondering what tool is commonly used to manipulate the regulator arm? I've used everything from tweezers to a plastic stick used to help open up computers. My main issue is that all of the things I've used are risky for slippage and I find it incredibly hard to just nudge a little when you're really trying to dial in the timing. I would think there would be a special tool for this (there's a special tool for EVERYTHING), but I haven't managed to find such a tool if it exists. Today I made my own tool using an old broken spring bar tool that I reshaped that should make life a little easier, but I'm very curious to see what everyone else is using. thank you
    • I was able to put it in a vice and straighten a good portion of it. The balance moves freely now and the rotor spins. To my dismay the wheels were not turning. I found the fourth wheel seized in the bridge. When I tried to remove it, snapped clean off. 
    • Hi All I'm a beginner with a history of mangling hairsprings and worse record trying to correct them.  Using scrap hairsprings, I'm trying to learn to make a dogleg. I recently learned that replacement balances often require them.  With the HS off the balance, I grip it with Dumont 55 tweezers.  Trying to keep that tweezer vertical, I push the HS away from the collet.  The problem is that I always end up with the end of the HS twisted upward.  I can't find much on this other than Mark's correcting a HS videos (he makes it look easy).  Any help is appreciated. Thank you Charlie