Is this Orient H9 missing a part?

Lc130

Hi All

I'm still learning and still asking lots of questions.  Thanks for all the help.

This was advertised as a non-runner but I found a dial foot screw loose under the escape wheel.  So far so good.  Now, it appears that a screw or post is sheared (in yellow) off this part.  I believe it's part of the date quick set.  It appears that the case pusher impacts the red part which causes the blue part to advance the date.  I think that the bar spring should be under what ever is missing at the yellow hole.  Do I have this correct?  What are the chances of buying a new blue part???

IMG_3624.thumb.JPG.e28f49ce724e7c8c7cc67790975dde6b.JPGIMG_3623_LI.thumb.jpg.748b7d47ba0ab4b340ca3f603138c721.jpg

Thank you

Charlie

Hey Charlie, Is the inside of that hole threaded? It doesn't appear to link it to anything so I think you are right. it is a post that pushes. As for buying that part... we aren't even sure what kind of movement it is, you might have to buy a whole 'nother watch to get it. or you could attempt to fabricate a new post. It has been my experience that sewing needles are made from reasonably good steel are fairly rigid and come in a variety of diameters.

18 minutes ago, yankeedog said:

Hey Charlie, Is the inside of that hole threaded? It doesn't appear to link it to anything so I think you are right. it is a post that pushes. As for buying that part... we aren't even sure what kind of movement it is, you might have to buy a whole 'nother watch to get it. or you could attempt to fabricate a new post. It has been my experience that sewing needles are made from reasonably good steel are fairly rigid and come in a variety of diameters.

Thanks for your help.  Using a 10x, I can't tell whether it's threaded.  It's an Orient H9 movement and I can't find anything at Borel concerning it.  Tapping in a needle is a good idea. Thankfully, I believe the watch will work without this part.

• 2 months later...

I have no idea what an H9 Orient mechanism is, however Ranfft lists a bunch of automatic movements, and if you look at the image of the 46491 below you will see what appears to be your part (top left above the 20 19 18 date markers). It seems to show a pin or floating rivet, probably connecting the two parts you show above.

Orient_46941-2.jpg

http://www.ranfft.de/cgi-bin/bidfun-db.cgi?10&ranfft&&2uswk&Orient_46941

I could of course be wrong.

Edited by AndyHull