What Tissot watch is this??

Hi guys am new on here so please be gentle 

I got this Tissot and the stem was loose so I managed to figure out how to open it from the front and disassemble it but can't figure out how to click the stem in. 

It goes in and winds the watch but I can figure out how to make it stay

Also the dial was quite green so I washed it and it turned out OK it only had the tis out of the Tissot so not botherd about that rubbing off 

Also it would be nice to know what model it is, when it was made, and what strap if possible 

Cheers for any help 

IMG_20190317_175413.jpg

IMG_20190317_175420.jpg

IMG_20190317_175544.jpg

.. almost forgott.. To correctly put the stem in one gently has to push the button in the marked place in the picture, whilst gently pushing it you rotate the stem. It would snap in without an effort. 
If you push to hard the lever gets out of alignment and you have to make some service on the key less work....

IMG_20190317_204407.jpg

The more I think about it you might as well check the key less work. On a 781-1 it's quite basic.
To start with you have to release the movement by removing the two case screws.
On these the dial is often friction fit so use a single edged razor and gently work your way around.
Once you removed the dial you can see the key less work and  with a high percentage you will see a dislocated lever spring. 
I have included a picture of how it should look like. Remove the lever spring.
You don't have to take away the lever just push it back into place with the tweezers.
That should be it, put the lever spring back and make sure the lever guide pin ends up inside the pattern stamped out on it.
Added a picture so you can see the lever and how it works .. unfortunately the guide pin is on the other side.
But it is the lever that holds the winding stem firmly in place by the force of the lever spring.. 

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

No nothings missing ...but.. the yoke spring isn't in place.
You should only make this as a practice run since the looks of the movement screams ..clean me!
On the bright side you choose a good movement to practice on. 
The key less work here just consist of six pieces;
1 - The sliding pinion the part which slides back and forth on the stem when changing mode.
2 - The winding pinion, the gear behind the sliding gear, makes it possible to wind the mainspring.
3.- The yoke transfers the power from the yoke spring to the sliding pinion.
4 - The yoke spring gives the power to the snappy action when changing mode.
5 - The setting lever, assists to keep the mode correct and by that holds the winding stem into place.
Here is a picture of the parts except the sliding and winding pinion (forgot to remove them)

4.jpg

The yoke should be fitted to the groove in the sliding pinion.
Next in line is to fit the yoke spring, to avoid springing it away hold it into place with a peg wood as in the picture.
Gently push the spring into place with brass tweezers, the spring should push against the yoke.
(See my previous pictures)

5.jpg

Edited by HSL

Next inspect the lever so it still has that little nob which holds the winding pinion..
Put it into place.
Now you can practice your skills with the screwdriver and put the lever spring back.
That should be it..
Hope this helps.

6.jpg

Well I got down to the nitty gritty and as you can see the release knob broke into 3 peices and the button part was stuck in 

I manged to get it out but I would need to replace it 

Is it worth doing? 

I am trying to learn but a very new beginner 

I have a few basic watch tools as I am just starting off 

What would be the best way to clean that area as it looks like it's a bit rusty 

I don't really want to strip the whole watch, I know that's most likely the right way but I don't want to make a mountain out of a molehill 

Lol

IMG_20190318_104815.jpg

Hi J, like you I'm just starting but concentrating more on the clocks. As it stands the watch doesn't work? You are just getting started and want to do more? You have got to start somewhere and what better than a good movement that would be of little value in its current state. Bite the bullet, give it a go and ask questions when you get stuck. Once you have sorted it out it will be a well running serviced time piece giving you satisfaction for years to come.

It's important not to get discouraged. Parts will break in the future too and springs will sprung their way to a parallell universe.
You have a good easy movement to work with and it has a chance to become a nice Watch.
Some times the parts you need is obselete but in this case you are in luck because if you don't find the lever at the bay you could pop me
your adress and it will be solved.
As for Tools to fix this you only need a pair of tweezers and one screwdriver.

• Like 1

so to sum up 

1.i need the button release part that you press as it broke into three pieces 

2.and now i need that spring that pushes that bar closed as that pinged of when i cleaned it without taking it out (my fault)

which part numbers would i need as a few bits look the same

and cheers for the help so far its been a great help 

Tissot3.gif

2 hours ago, Jfarrar1982 said:

Well another part gone to the universe of springs lost lol

I cleaned the bit out that was rusty and forgot to take that tiny spring out and now it's gone forever... 

Sad face lol

A true horologist hides a strong magnet around his bench.:lol:

The part that pinged off and others you don,t yet know have left your bench, find your magnet. So is the prefered option over watch parts salad.

I tried to find it by sweeping a magnet over the floor but to no avail 

My own fault I forgot to take it out before I started to get the rust out I felt somthing hit my hand slightly thrn carried about 5 mins later I was like 

Bugger I know what that was lol

My knees are not up to the magnet sweeping anymore so I gone with the lazy alternative.. stockpiling genuine spare parts.. I prefer to switch one old rusty spring with a new one any day... Even saved a couple of movements and dials for a rainy day ;)

7.jpg

How much would would it cost to get someone to do it up and get it running with a new dial

I really like the watch and want it for my personal collection 

I buy a few watches to sell on ebay after I clean them up and fix a few 

But one like this I am scared to make it worse then better 

I am rocking a seiko 6309 at the moment. 

IMG_20190316_135846.jpg

58 minutes ago, Jfarrar1982 said:

Also looking for a good set of scrfewdrivers 

Any recommendations nothing to fancy as it's a hobby more then a business 

So around 10 to 20 quid will do 

Amazon got a screwdriver shapener for €2.09 , that with an inexpensive set, is your best bet. Some sets are like five or six dollars for five piece screwdrivers of popular size.

1 hour ago, Jfarrar1982 said:

Also looking for a good set of screwdrivers 

Any recommendations nothing to fancy as it's a hobby more then a business 

So around 10 to 20 quid will do 

good show!  screw drivers;   very importent for any watch work.  inexpencive or high dollar,  you should read up or video on screw driver sharpening.  vin