Hour wheel turns freely under the dial

Hello, 

The problem I am having is that when the watch is upside down the hour wheel seems to move out form its position and turns freely, so it change hour every time I look to it, minute hand is ok. Movement is an ETA 2784 and I mounted it without dial washer, could that be the cause?

I have reinstalled the hands like 20 time and screw the clamps tight so the hour wheel have no room to move out, but it keeps ocurring.

6 minutes ago, panchoskywalker said:

Hello, 

The problem I am having is that when the watch is upside down the hour wheel seems to move out form its position and turns freely, so it change hour every time I look to it, minute hand is ok. Movement is an ETA 2784 and I mounted it without dial washer, could that be the cause?

I have reinstalled the hands like 20 time and screw the clamps tight so the hour wheel have no room to move out, but it keeps ocurring.

Its happened to me the few times that I forget to put the dial washer. You've got to remove the hands and dial and put that washer in.

J

Put the dial washer back in. Make sure the gap between the dial and mainplate is smallest,  whilst the hour wheel turns unimpeded. 

The clamp may cuts a groove on the dial feet, which may need to be filed flat.