Escape wheel needed for seiko 4006a

Hi all, I have a seiko Bell-Matic 4006a, ihad problems regulating it and when I put it on the timing machine it was all over the place. One minute it was - 80 secs next + 200 so I started taking it apart and found the problem to be a broken pivot on the escape wheel, there was just enough of the pivot left to hold it steadyish hence the Watch was running ok but just losing 3 mins a day. The problem is now I cannot find an escape wheel for this model. I have tried cousins obsolete, jules borel  obsolete  and contacted a few sellers on eBay, so does anyone know of where I might be able to source one short of buying a complete movement which would definitely not be cost effective. Thank you in advance.

7622E6C3-58F0-4124-BDD4-9ED1A0D88EBD.jpeg

See if you can move the upper and lower stones closer to get this one fit in between.

I broke one not too long ago, arbor on it was completely gone. Had to get a used one off of local shop for the price I am affraid to publicaly anounce. 

According to ranfft ->  http://www.ranfft.de/cgi-bin/bidfun-db.cgi?10&ranfft&&2uswk&Seiko_4006A

The balance is Balance staff Seiko 315470

These guys claim to have the balance staff -> https://vintageswatchparts.weebly.com/seiko-parts.html

Whether they actually do or not, I don't know, but you could give them a try.

Edited by AndyHull

7 hours ago, AndyHull said:

According to ranfft ->  http://www.ranfft.de/cgi-bin/bidfun-db.cgi?10&ranfft&&2uswk&Seiko_4006A

The balance is Balance staff Seiko 315470

These guys claim to have the balance staff -> https://vintageswatchparts.weebly.com/seiko-parts.html

Whether they actually do or not, I don't know, but you could give them a try.

Looking at the op’s post he needs an escape wheel not a balance mate

Hi,

speedtimerkollektion.com seem to have several 4006 watches/movements for spares/repair. Not cheap though....

They also show many parts but not escape wheel . Might still be worth asking....

The p/n is 251805 acc. To the data sheet from Cousins. Might be worth checking other sheets to see if the p/n is used in some other Seiko movement.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On 3/16/2019 at 3:18 PM, Nucejoe said:

See if you can move the upper and lower stones closer to get this one fit in between.

I broke one not too long ago, arbor on it was completely gone. Had to get a used one off of local shop for the price I am affraid to publicaly anounce. 

I had thought of that but it was going to be a last resort option, I have now managed to get one thankfully.

On 3/17/2019 at 7:36 AM, bsoderling said:

Hi,

speedtimerkollektion.com seem to have several 4006 watches/movements for spares/repair. Not cheap though....

They also show many parts but not escape wheel . Might still be worth asking....

The p/n is 251805 acc. To the data sheet from Cousins. Might be worth checking other sheets to see if the p/n is used in some other Seiko movement.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes thanks,I had contacted them but they only had complete movements, I have now managed to get one.

13 hours ago, saswatch88 said:

I think I had gone escape wheel blind, I had looked at this listing and did not see his drop down list. Thankyou, I have now ordered the 251805.