ANOTHER mind boggling escapement issue!

29 minutes ago, jdrichard said:

Use a small square piece of watch paper and use a razor blade to trim the leftovers. I have done this a few times when I have made a balance staff and was very concerned about taking too much material off the pivots, so I would just add a bit of watch paper and raise the balance cock just a miniscule amount. Try to keep the paper flat so you don't put an angel on the balance cock and thus cause an angle on the upper jewel. Also, the two alignment studs for seating the balance cock will punch thru the watch paper, unless you can place the piece between them; either is ok.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

Yes important.  No angel on the cock and stone, Shimming if unlevel renders the jewel  tilted. I prefer using pieces and leave alignment pins alone,  have seen pins coming out, pieces of paper pressed in with the pins, grip the pins , causing it to come out as bridge is later removed. Repeated,  this caused wear around  the hole the pin enters in. Very important indeed. A true horologist services each piece as if the most expensive one.

• Like 1

Yes important.  No angel on the cock and stone, Shimming if unlevel renders the jewel  tilted. I prefer using pieces and leave alignment pins alone,  have seen pins coming out, pieces of paper pressed in with the pins, grip the pins , causing it to come out as bridge is later removed. Repeated,  this caused wear around  the hole the pin enters in. Very important indeed. A true horologist services each piece as if the most expensive one.

You are so correct

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

2 hours ago, saswatch88 said:

hey nuce where did you see that video that mark made, is it a part of the dial up dial down series vide

He was working on chinees colone, showed that manufacturer had gouged the plate and mentioned that some follks frown on gouging, Mark adjusted the cock and if my memroy works at all, I think the lesson was on HS end length manip. I havn,t taken marks courses yet and am not familiar with curriculum. Someone who has taken the course can be of help, sorry buddy that is all I remember.

3 hours ago, Nucejoe said:

He was working on chinees colone, showed that manufacturer had gouged the plate and mentioned that some follks frown on gouging, Mark adjusted the cock and if my memroy works at all, I think the lesson was on HS end length manip. I havn,t taken marks courses yet and am not familiar with curriculum. Someone who has taken the course can be of help, sorry buddy that is all I remember.

all good man

On 3/14/2019 at 3:39 PM, jdrichard said:

Try lubricating the pallet jewels or the feet on the escapement. Sounds like the jewels will not release (lock/unlock). You need a special type oil, looks like a yellow jell

Hi JD, Congratulations on your outstanding work AND special thanks for exercising patience with me, Needless to say OH is special,  his approval is a gold medal. Best wishes.

• Like 1

Hi JD, Congratulations on your outstanding work AND special thanks for exercising patience with me, Needless to say OH is special,  his approval is a gold medal. Best wishes.

Thanks for the pat on the back. Appreciated