AP1875

Lubricants to use with Rolex 3135

Question

Would the below list of lubricants be suitable for the Rolex cal.3135 (clone) movement?

93e7d4d72eb0dd145c6dfb2e2b5f98ce.jpg

For the grease (cannon pinion, keyless) would you prefer to use 9501 or 9504 the moebius chart recommends either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11 answers to this question

This is from my post a few years ago (2015). If I remember correctly I used all of my suggested lubricants and the watch worked great. However after approx. six months the auto part stopped working efficiently. I re cleaned treated the wheels with epilame (fixodrop) and lubed with HP 500. Since then it has not been off my wrist part from bath time.

The epilame is really key, you have to do it. It's a weird quirk of an otherwise bulletproof movement. I think you could use pretty much any synthetic lube and it'd survive as long as you epilame the reversers.

Thanks nick I will look into it. It’s not something I’ve done before

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 3/15/2019 at 12:44 AM, matabog said:

Lubetta V105 on the reversers instead of Epilame?

Reversers are interesting for lubrication. Some of them you can use the Lubetta V105 Which is basically an oil like 9010 dissolved in a solvent. But Rolex in their tech sheet shows that lubrication only wants to be in a very specific location and nowhere else. So that's why the recommending the surface treatment to keep the oil from spreading.

I might have been wrong. I had the ETA reversers in my had. I think the rolex ones can be 'dismantled'. So after Epilame, where would you oil those reversers? And with what?

1 hour ago, matabog said:

I might have been wrong. I had the ETA reversers in my had. I think the rolex ones can be 'dismantled'. So after Epilame, where would you oil those reversers? And with what?

rolex oil r 1.JPG

On 3/17/2019 at 3:04 PM, matabog said:

Lubetta V105 was developed I believe by ETA. The Rolex reverse wheels are of a different design. Lubetta I think is  lubricant. Most odd the Rolex reverse wheels have not lubrication.