Making a yoke spring (lost launched into orbit)

I have a clone Rolex 4130, running very nicely until I tried to set the time today and the stem slid out. Easy enough to fix, until I sent the yoke spring  (4130-241) into orbit, looked for an hour and can't find it. It's quite a big strong spring so is probably the other side of the Atlantic by now.

Is it possible to make this type of spring? can you buy the material, shape it and then cut? Anywhere sell a mixed bag of springs?

I'll post a picture of it below, I'm sure there must be another option than buying the Rolex part?

It looks like a pretty generic spring.Do you have another movement of any other manufacture laying about? there's a pretty good chance it's spring will work. Which side of the Atlantic are you on? I will search my kitchen floor.

Edited by yankeedog
content
  • Like 3

Haha, I’m in the UK so if you’re in the USA it’s probably just about to touch down on your kitchen floor..

Good idea on modifying an existing spring, I’ve got an old 6497 that should do the job.

i would’ve thought Cousins would sell these in a mixed bag but can’t find them..

• Like 1

If they do arrive with a little oxidation, this may be one of those extremely rare times when WD40  is appropriate for watch parts.

Squirt some in the bag with the "tropicalised" hairsprings and leave it overnight to do its thing. Clean off the excess and polish the springs with a little 000 wire wool and they may then pass muster.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

I’m sure you probably know this so no offense.
I always take time to use peg-wood placed over the curved end part of the spring and use my brass tweezers to grasp the side of the spring that will push against the moving part i.e. clutch lever, while the other half of the spring is in it’s position.
Glad you found it though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk