• Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

• Topics

• The Bezel might pop off the case when you remove the crystal so be aware. The Bezel might be difficult to fit back to case if the gasket is hard....a little silicone grease might help ease it in. But.....If you support the bezel the crystal will come out  Crystal is 290P02LN03 or 29mm generic glass crystal and you can measure the thickness. crown gasket is DB0055B01 generic is possible 1.75mm or 2.05mm not sure case back gasket is FH2980B02 or generic flat 29.8mm x 0.5mm might be fine try cousins for spares in UK
    • It has Covid 19 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    • Some might have noticed I started a thread first about buying, then about making my own.  A friendly cautionary tale to those like myself who are just getting into this hobby and like the wonderful pictures of benches on Amazon and eBay.  It seems that all who sell benches, sell the one I purchased.  I was reluctant to note the manufacturer, but it's necessary for this post.  Doesn't matter from whom you purchase, just be aware of a few things.  The drawer assemblies are laid with the back facing down.  Since the drawers are shorter than the compartments that hold them, they are hanging from the false front.  Gravity/age/dropping causes the false fronts to stay put, as the drawers themselves drop, splitting, splintering separating the drawers from their fronts.  The layout is classic (from what I've been seeing) but the quality is simply not there.  ALL wood is veneer, and the backs and sides could be split by a stern talking to.  Some list the manufacturer, many don't.  Some have a nameplate, some don't, but Grobet is the manufacturer and it seems these were made by the hundreds, boxed, and sit on warehouse shelves.  Lastly, the wood is dehydrated and shrunk to the point where the typical hardware holes no longer line up.  You can certainly fix this, but as my wife said, "You're putting that $700 desk back in the box."  (That included shipping). I could have made this work quite easily, but the low quality of materials didn't warrant "fixing" it.  Last word: do not buy a desk unless you can put your eyes on it.  Mark Twain's quote comes to mind: "Beleive nothing of what you hear, and 50% of what you see."  Larry.   
    • In the event you need a time-sensitive answer, I'd guess that watchweasol did mean to use the stem that came with the replacement movement. Perhaps that is because it will not have wear on it that the old one will have. It probably won't matter much though, providing the watch it was in was winding and setting well before replacing it. If you use the new stem you will likely have to cut the stem a touch and fit the crown. "Set" position means with the stem pulled out in the position to set the hands. Good luck.
    • Sorry I meant to say the watch has a quick date set and time set position ? thanks