DG2813 movement

gedwards

Good evening,

I’ve recently had the worst luck with an homage Rolex that I bought on eBay.

It has a terrible dg2813 movement in it and it keeps stopping. Any suggestions on another movement that I could buy online to replace it?

the case is an 116610 stainless steel submariner. The watch looks great and you would never be able to tell that it was a fake.

I just need a new movement and I don’t know what would fit. Any help would greatly be appreciated!

Thanks,

Glenn

5E99D5B0-21FD-43BE-B806-07638C938283.jpeg

My opinion is "call a spade a spade"
So let's call that watch what it is ... not an hommage but a replica.
Nevertheless it's a watch and you need help.
Those DG2813 movements seem to be hit or miss as some can work for years and some stop after some days
If you want to replace it you could get a Miyota 2815, which is a direct swap as you can keep the dial and hands without modifying anything.
But if you open the caseback and show us some close pics of the movement perhaps we could try to guess what's going wrong and if it is possible to repair.

Envoyé de mon Moto G (5) Plus en utilisant Tapatalk

• Like 1

My opinion is something that says Rolex on the dial, but is not made by Rolex has no right to exist!
It's great that you want to take up watchmaking – not much beats seeing the balance spring to life after your first service-but this one is not the way to go!
I's best fixed (in my opinion) by putting it in your largest vise, squeeze it as tight as you can, when glass and metal parts start to fly, gather them in a box and take it to your local recycling station and let them make good use of it!

Gentlemen thank you for the response.

I will open the back and post some pics.

As far as smashing the watch, It almost met my wall on the other side of the room last night.

unfortunately this “replica” is the closest I am able to get to a genuine Rolex right now. I had my doubts when I bought it. It didn’t turn out well at all. I sent it back, the seller offered a refund but I wanted to give benefit of the doubt.

He assured me that he tested it for five days and then sent it back. It runs when I don’t wear it but stops many times when I do wear it. The replica case, hands and face are really nice IMO. I just want to try to replace with a better quality movement. I will get more pics posted of the movement. Until then I will search eBay for the movement you suggested.

Hopefully some day God will bless me with a bank account large enough to afford a $10,000 watch. Until then, this is the best I can do and begin with my watch collecting!

thanks again,

Glenn

1 hour ago, gedwards said:

Gentlemen thank you for the response.

I will open the back and post some pics.

As far as smashing the watch, It almost met my wall on the other side of the room last night.

unfortunately this “replica” is the closest I am able to get to a genuine Rolex right now. I had my doubts when I bought it. It didn’t turn out well at all. I sent it back, the seller offered a refund but I wanted to give benefit of the doubt.

He assured me that he tested it for five days and then sent it back. It runs when I don’t wear it but stops many times when I do wear it. The replica case, hands and face are really nice IMO. I just want to try to replace with a better quality movement. I will get more pics posted of the movement. Until then I will search eBay for the movement you suggested.

Hopefully some day God will bless me with a bank account large enough to afford a $10,000 watch. Until then, this is the best I can do and begin with my watch collecting!

thanks again,

Glenn

Before ordering you have to check what movement is inside and if it's possible to repair ... no need to crash or throw anything (watches or else) in the basket until you haven't tried to repair it.