Glass repair or replacement for Citizen Promaster Diver

Hi Guys, I'm new to the forum.

One of my watches is a Citizen Promaster Diver.  It's a relatively cheap and cheerful watch but one that I quite like.  Due to some scratches, which aren't overly deep, on the mineral crystal glass and my OCD, I haven't worn it too much recently.

I'm quite a hands on practical person and if possible, I'd like to have a go at repairing this myself.

I'm not sure if I should 1. try and polish the scratches out of the glass and if so, what tools and process I should use.  Or 2. buy a crystal press and a new crystal (preferably sapphire if possible) and replace the glass. 

Thank for any advice.

36 minutes ago, clockboy said:

IMO replace. If you have lots of time on your hands maybe you can hone out the scratches. However for deep scratches not only do you have to remove the scratches you have to still have to keep the optics clear.

That’s what I was thinking. What I’m not sure is how I go about finding a suitable glass to replace it with if not from Citizen and if possible, preferably Sapphire. 

You would first have to push out old crystal and measure it as citizen part numbers don't give any anything as to what size it is unlike Seiko p/n. You could then see if you crystal is available as a sapphire in the measured size. I have to say Citizens crystals are often weird sizes.