I'm just about to start on one of those myself (my very first OMEGA), so I'm very curious to see where you were going... Any chance you'd like to finish that post, please?

Cheers!

Edited by VWatchie

24 minutes ago, VWatchie said:

I'm just about to start on one of those myself (my very first OMEGA), so I'm very curious to see where you were going... Any chance you'd like to finish that post, please?

Cheers!

USP technical error..

1 hour ago, arkobugg said:

Cheers Mates!

Working on a Omega Cal. 613, have done service, and watch performs well on the time-grapher, but when put dial and hand on, I can see that the second hand is ticking uneven, it sort of jumps 2 and 3 seconds at the time.

Is this an cannon pinion  issue??

1 hour ago, arkobugg said:

2 hours ago, arkobugg said:

Cheers Mates!

Working on a Omega Cal. 613, have done service, and watch performs well on the time-grapher, but when put dial and hand on, I can see that the second hand is ticking uneven, it sort of jumps 2 and 3 seconds at the time.

Is this an cannon pinion  issue??

Do you have the centre-seconds friction spring set correctly? It should cause enough friction to drop the overall amplitude by around 5-20 degrees. With it set too loose, you will see slack in the meshing between the 3rd wheel and CS pinion.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rodabod said:

Do you have the centre-seconds friction spring set correctly? It should cause enough friction to drop the overall amplitude by around 5-20 degrees. With it set too loose, you will see slack in the meshing between the 3rd wheel and CS pinion.

You mean the spring this is under this bridge?

How can I see or how to adjust right??

rød.jpg

That looks like very good performance.

Remove the C/S cock and look at where the spring attached. Also check if it is contaminated with oil. You can then very slightly bend the spring (just lift with your tweezers) to create more pressure and therefore more friction to reduce the "slack".

• 6 months later...

Hello! I have an omega 613 that is in need of repair. The local watchmaker says it’s a lost cause—too rusted. I’m okay with that if that’s the case. My questions are: I know you have not seen the watch in question, but if rusted = goner? And, if so, would you say it’s worth it to consider converting to quartz (because I like the watch and it has some sentimental value)? And if possible, how would that happen?

• Similar Content