EBEL QUARTZ "LOUPE" travel alarm clock battery?

Hello Friends,

I recently got an EBEL quartz alarm clock which is a novelty item that is shaped like a loupe.  It is called "Loupe" and it needs a battery.  When I opened the back of the case, it had no battery, just an electric contact that was positioned in approx. 70 degrees vertical and had a spring covering the contact.  Has anyone had any experience with this piece?  Does anyone know what kind of battery it takes.  It is quite possible that the contact has been bent but I doubt it.

Thank you

I will take a picture of the open back and post when I can.  Below is a stock photo of the clock for those who have never seen it.

6e315782-8f5c-4678-ae86-c36af2483ffb.jpg

Edited by cduke
missing photo

On 3/8/2019 at 11:33 AM, cduke said:

Hello Friends,

I recently got an EBEL quartz alarm clock which is a novelty item that is shaped like a loupe.  It is called "Loupe" and it needs a battery.  When I opened the back of the case, it had no battery, just an electric contact that was positioned in approx. 70 degrees vertical and had a spring covering the contact.  Has anyone had any experience with this piece?  Does anyone know what kind of battery it takes.  It is quite possible that the contact has been bent but I doubt it.

Thank you

I will take a picture of the open back and post when I can.  Below is a stock photo of the clock for those who have never seen it.

6e315782-8f5c-4678-ae86-c36af2483ffb.jpg

I hear crickets.....oh well.

15 hours ago, TexasDon said:

I have to say that's a bit odd. I'm now following this thread as I too would like to know the answer.

Mystery solved!  After a bit more aggressive prodding, the metal plate with the circle can be removed to reveal the full circuit board/ movement for the watch et voila, the 371 1.55v battery with contact!  The electrical contact with spring must be part of the circuit that grounds to the back of the clock, although it does seem odd still.  I have only seen one photo of the back removed on another watch and did not see this condition.  The watch is running perfectly now!

• Like 1