Baumgartner 582, Buler Aeromaster.

Cheers Mates!

This time Im working on a Baumgartner 582, Buler Aeromaster.

Watch did not work because the impulse stone or finger was on the opposite side of the pallet fork, and when feeling the collar on the spring. It was very very lose. It almost fell of...

My question is:

Can this collar be pressed smaller?  Or if I do that, can I be sure the balance staff is not ground down to much?

Is this usual practice for an watch maker ?  Or is it better to get en replacement  ? (spring and balance wheel)

Again, again  thanks for all help,  ....    :-)

Best Regards

Armand

Watvh repair.jpg

• Thanks 1

How do you know this HS resonates the wheel to the accurate beat.

If the collar fits nice and firm on the staff with just a press of the collar's gap, you may  want to gives it a try.

I have seen collar glued on the staff seventy years ago. Runs too.

If you got suitable tools , the collar can be replaced.

You may find and buy at reasonable price ,such obsolete HS or balance complete off of the owner, through watchparts.org of UK.

If a learner, I would glue the collar on,to read the results on your machine. If acceptable or slow, I will continue to consider shortening HS, collar replace.    And so on.

Regards 

The Aeromaster is a cool Watch I have one of those too stored in the corner of my dark abyss.
The HS looks like the original one so I can't see why that would not resonate correctly.
But sometimes when serviced one use the HS collet slot to adjust the impulse stone to the correct position. When doing this one might widen the slot or gap a little bit and the end result is what you seen in your Watch, the impulse pin moves to a erratic position.
Gently tightening the collar will solve this problem but be carefull when doing this so you don't mess up the HS.
Gluing  anything into Place in a watch is not anything I recommend to do. In this case you might want to adjust the collar position a bit and that will be impossible if glued into place.

• Thanks 1

Oh no  removability with ease and reducing risk of damagd, is a good part of the idea with glue.

I use a type of glue that will disolve in solutions friendly to HS. That way the risk of physical damage to HS is reduced. 

If Arko can " tighten the collar ... But be careful   not to mess up the HS"    Lets all listen to his watch ticking.

Regards 

• 5 weeks later...

And the story in going further on....  I need an new escapement wheel to this same watch, when CouseinsUK say

Balance Roller, Pin Lever, Ordinary (799), BFG 582

Is that the same as escapement wheel???