Great Vintage Hamilton needs some love

This listing just came up on the Reddit Watch exchange sub: 

The piece looks really beautiful, but it's not likely to sell in that crowd, as very few people over there are interested in pieces that need work. Since it's in the UK and there are so many of you folks in here, I thought one of you might be interested. I would pick it up myself if I thought my skills were up to it, but I'm not there yet!

5 hours ago, Nucejoe said:

Classic looks too, I say get it, together we get it runing A Okay. 

Joe

Man, stop giving me ideas like that! You're going to get me in trouble! Seriously though, I need to get a lot further a long my journey before I even consider something like that! If I wreck a $50 mass-produced clone movement that's disappointing, if I wreck this one that would be a disaster!

This site and others have been around for awhile. Mostly, owners don't want to sell via the giant fleamarket. My general observation is that goods bring less, not more, in an open auction than most owner's are willing to sell for. There are exceptions of course but while usually the best deals can be had on fleabay, the best merchandise is often sold on individual forums. 

I sell a good few watches via Reddit, mainly to dodge eBays ridiculous fees. There is pretty good traffic on the forum, and a feature for feedback too. I've had better luck there than anywhere else selling watches.