isfuzz

old timex

Question

hello everyone i have a question on my fathers old time i know its not worth much but i would like to see if i can repair it it is an TIMEX pretty sure it is a model 25 was looking in the dial but there are no numbers  just a TAI on  the left side of the 6 and a WAN on the right side of the 6 the only numbers i see on the movement are what looks to be a 685 anyhow my question is the crown is missing and it looks like it is press on is there any site that i can look to see if the whole stem can be purchased and how does one go about trying to figure out how to order it thanks for your time  

9 answers to this question

It is Mercury model and the dial code is under the reflector ring.  That is why you can't see it.

I have a good idea of the stem crown need but will see if I can find a similar one to reference the part.

29 minutes ago, isfuzz said:

Hello JerseyMo thank you for the help getting my fathers old times back in business 19e92d1895e6f376251649d0273b0a4a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is fantastic!  So glad to be help get a vintage Timex back in service.