homemade cleaning machine ?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have often wondered about laying one of my stereo speakers on its back , placing a large dish over the woofer,putting the cleaning solution and parts in a plastic jar and listening to Jethro Tull. 

Ultrasonic is the way to go. I use 5 small glass jars. Number them put cleaning solution in the first 2, and rinsing solution in the other 3. You can usually get small cleaning baskets from a supplier

Didn’t you know that is how Jethro Tull get there unique sound.  

Posted Images

On 3/5/2019 at 7:58 PM, RobertT said:

Ultrasonic is the way to go. I use 5 small glass jars. Number them put cleaning solution in the first 2, and rinsing solution in the other 3.
You can usually get small cleaning baskets from a supplier or off the bay. Put all the loose parts in the baskets. Put the balance cock and balance wheel back on the main plate to protect the balance staff during the cleaning. And get a small desk top type space heater for drying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A watch repair YouTube I follow uses the spherical stainless mesh tea ball tea infusers with his ultrasonic to separate and suspend the parts in. Seems like a good idea to me, but I'm not one to really know. 

Personally I don’t like the screw lid baskets,I always worry about a small part getting caught in the thread. Also the to small pot lids can vary in size resulting in some being very loose. As an extra precaution with my Ultra sonic I have an inner  wire basket to catch any strays.

9759E1FE-CCB1-4E4A-977C-C361FC43B3B5.thumb.jpeg.3eeb94e0dc6159745b847d0ef7753ef2.jpeg