Seiko 7T27 Movement Or Circuit Board?

Evening chaps.

I have a Seiko 7T27-7A20 on the bench at the moment with a damaged circuit board. The rest of the movement id fine.

Do I have any other options other than the Epson YM57A movements for sale on eBay? 

Cheers.

2 minutes ago, jaycey said:

Evening chaps.

I have a Seiko 7T27-7A20 on the bench at the moment with a damaged circuit board. The rest of the movement id fine.

Do I have any other options other than the Epson YM57A movements for sale on eBay? 

Cheers.

What is the damage to the circuit board? A few close up pictures might help.

I'll get some photos but so far I know the tab that extends into the battery compartment is snapped off and the contact where the start/stop lever contact the board is missing.

There's also some damage near where the hacking lever makes contact.

7 minutes ago, ro63rto said:

Underneath it's the same isn't it?
I would just switch top plates if you want it to still say 7t27

And change the white date wheel on the Epson for the black original.

Swap the circuit if you can first, because the height of the hour wheel / canon pinion / CS pinion vary between models. Certainly the one fitted to the Seiko Gen 2 Military chronograph differs to the newest movement available. Can measure the current draw later to see if it’s running well enough to give a thumbs-up. 

• Like 1

Got the new movement today and the good news was, it is a direct swap, just had to swap the datewheels as the new movement had a white datewheel and the Seiko Gen 2 has a black one. Simple enough to do. Swapped the 7T27 battery plate over with the original Seiko markings too:)

All back together and working great!

IMG-1169.jpg

• Like 4

• 1 year later...

Hello 

I am looking for a replacement for the 7T27 but can’t find the YM57A anywhere for sale. Would love to get my Gen 2 up and running again. Does anyone know of a another replacement for it??

many thanks 

seb