Hello all, my name is Erik. I am new to the forum and have just recently become interested in watches. I have been apprenticing under my elderly uncle to learn clock making for the past few years.  I have learned but not mastered enough skills that I can usually make a clock work again. My wife and kids are not amused by the number of clocks running in my house (13 in view as I sit writing this). I have a Seiko 5 I bought new as a gift for myself in 1992 when I was 19. It has been treated poorly, but still ran flawlessly sitting idle for years, then shake and wear for a night. I now have a new interest in watches and started wearing my Seiko daily to find it runs inconsistently. I opened it and adjusted it and couldn't get it right. I bumped the balance adjustment, scratched the case and realized I know nothing about watches!  As I began researching I found myself wanting more watches and wanting to learn how to fix them. I'm hoping to transition some of my clock tools and knowledge to watches. I am hoping to start collecting some specific tools so I can at least do cleaning and basic repair. 

I look forward to someday having something to contribute to the watch community. 

20181125_214732.jpg

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By TonyC
      Hi. My name is Tony. I'm from New Jersey, in the United States. I have a modest entry level collection of quartz and mechanical watches.
           I enjoy repairing electrical, mechanical, pneumatic, and hydraulic equipment. I want to learn how to maintain and repair a wide variety of watches.
           I'm looking forward to learning about watch repair and making Friends in this forum.
    • By Callum281
      I am just wondering what kind of watch would be good for me starting out as a complete beginner and not knowing very much about watches. I having been looking on eBay but not knowing what I'm looking for.
      Help would be much appreciated 
    • By jameswarner1011
      Hello I am amature watch tinkerer. I am from the DC area. I joined to be able learn more about the watches the movements inside. I am sorry this is a short introduction. 

• By Snow
      Hello everyone. I am just a guy that don't know anything about watch repair yet, but i am pondering if i should get started anyway. Either way, nice to meet you folks.