Calvin

My Rolex Precision Date Cant Change

Question

Hello guys..

My Rolex precision oysterdate date won,t change

It stuck on 30 and won,t change even i try to set time to the next day.. and the next..

What happen to this watch?

Thankyou

5 answers to this question

Hello my friend @jguitron

You mean its just broke off(the gear out from its lane??

Or maybe the parts(gear)inside of the date wheel broken?

Cause before today its seems to be good and the date change smoothly everyday

Thankyou

Thats what I’m thinking... the teeth broke off.

Can be many different things including the setting mechanism like the yoke or other elements may have become uncoupled. But the fact that the date doesn’t change either by quickest nor by advancing the time tells me it’s something at the calendar side.

Makes sense?

Hopefully it’s something that can be adjusted though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi,

My brother had a Rolex Oysterdate movement 3135 that did the same thing.

It would sometimes change, other times it would not.

Mechanism is probably the same.

A gear broke several teeth. See attached pictures.

***16.jpg was a Rodico picking up some of the fractured pieces

Hope this helps.

StillSnapshot000011.jpg

StillSnapshot000013.jpg

StillSnapshot000016.jpg

11 hours ago, jguitron said:

Hello my friend @evn137

I think the problem is the date wheel broke off,uncoupled from the lane maybe..

Cause if the gear teeth broke(like your pictures)it can still moves maybe after 2 days or 3 days,sometimes change

But what happen to mine is it won't change at all,even after i tried to move to the next 2 days or 3 days it still stuck in there date 30 and wont change to 31

By the way thankyou very much for your opinion my friend..

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By beastomaniac
      My Rolex Submariner cal. 3135 won't hack from time to time when I pull out the crown. Is it some kind of lubrication or mechanical issue, is it easily fixable without tearing the whole movement apart?
    • By east3rn
      Hello. Dear watchmakers.
      I have a very old timepiece from Rolex that I am about to work on..
      From googling, I found out that this is called "trench watch" that might had been used during WWI or any other war in that era ( 1910~1920)
      However, I could not figure out the reference no. of the movement. All I know about the movement is that it is 29mm in diameter and has 15 jewels.
      I am actually looking for a replacement movement for this watch since the mainspring must be replaced due to damage.
      Plus, I am also looking for the rachet wheel with "Rolex" engraved to replace the existing one.
      I have found similar movements on the web(the third photo added)  but click part was not the same.
      I wonder if the one with different type of click would have parts that are replaceable.
      To sum up, my questions are
      1) the reference of the movement.
      2) how I can get parts or the whole movement for replacement
      3) does a movement with different click type would be suitable for replacement.
      Thanks and  I wish you a great day.

• By Calvin
      Hello guys
      Why my rolex precision 6466 stops when crown screw down..
      But it runs again when crown not screw down or in manual wind position?
      It stops when the crown enter too deep inside the movement..
      Thankyou