Helvetia, Société d'Horlogerie La Générale (General watch co) do your search around this information that shock absorber was patented by them in the 1920's.

Helvetia, Société d'Horlogerie La Générale (General watch co) do your search around this information that shock absorber was patented by them in the 1920's.
Thanks. Any idea on a value? Its actually functioning.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Is it in a gold case, if so what is the carat? It will also depend on its weight. 
Hey there ole Man. Hope all is well. It was in a solid silver case. Although im not so sure it was the origional. daf4b1a59837b6a25dcd2907f17b3eb0.jpg472e107689b241719eefaec64a212e89.jpgd4280a470eea8531fad0158f7c01e024.jpg

I collect WWII watches and sometimes you come around a similar movement, Helvetia 82A.
This one seems more like it's past 1945.The Value is what someone is willing to pay for it.

I collect WWII watches and sometimes you come around a similar movement, Helvetia 82A.
This one seems more like it's past 1945.The Value is what someone is willing to pay for it.
Roger that. Thanks for the obviois economics lesson. I was more interested in the case when I purchased it for 85 bucks, then when I got it and was able to get a close look at the case I found it to be not so appealing but quickly fell in love with the movement.....not sure what plans Ill have for it.

Did the movement and case come together?
The case looks like it has a pin set on the side..
It did. But like I said it look as if the case was worked by hand. The stem looks handmade as well. So im thinking its not origional.

The case is a Francis Borgel waterproof case it looks too early for the movement, but it appears to have import marks on the inside of the case so you should be able to date the case from the date letter, I would put the case from 1910-1920 so too early for that movement.

Says adjusted in three position and rare and unique shock protection, if dial and hands are in good shape and the rest Genuine, I would seriously look into restoration.

Im not sure exactly what the rules are but if youre interested in it id be willimg to trade (not sell). I picked it up while shopping for cases for a more modern build. Im more into 60s and 70s era movements but also like the case work of the WWII era. Something about the movement though is appealing to me. The case is solid silver. Ill attach a few pics of the dial and crystal.c4fd60551bbdeb413d89a9db5308cf26.jpg960e65e799355cab81765c0d543f83ab.jpg

Very little value in that watch, beside it’s a marriage.
Well..... I have fallen in love with the little movement.

That’s the nice thing about watches and clocks. Its not just about the money. You have the pleasure of owning the piece.
Indeed sir.