Last Question I Promise

So onto my 7750 venture and its taken me 6 months but I am there......well almost. One thing I just havent been able to get confident with is the balance work, IE hairspring, regulator, etc etc. I have tried and practiced and destroyed. Lol. Its expensive training.....lol. Anyway I think when it comes to the balance assembly id prefer to leave that to an expert. I have these parts and am looking for someone to put them together for me. Id be willing to trade a favors if at all possible. I honestly dont expect free service but im also not going to pay rolex shop prices. Anybody interested let me know.....or if you think you can coach me through it. This work just seems like its on another level all together. d64e8150c4f9e62f56f95b619cf4e4f0.jpga5c4e4d3e41e59bed2eebbea67f76f9c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I would put your 7750 aside and take some cheaper o watches and practice in them first, balances can be tricky, however only way to learn is to practice. Was a few years before I started on 7750s

• Thanks 1

I agree with jnash, putting this project aside, tricky regualtor pin and stud installation.There was talk of some video on the forum showing how to install the pin and stud Best to invest time reading on and practice before you attempt.

I once damaged the regulator arm when trying to install the pin. 

Ive had a lot of folks give me that exact same advice.....although my wallet wouldnt agree but im glad I didnt listen. The 7750 was the movement I began on, I quickly picked up the elgin 462, and then subsequently the venus 170 when I learned of the castle wheel mechanism. So essentially I have 3 builds going on at the same time where I have been hopping back and forth. I ran into this same problem with the balance assemblies on the 170 and a guy who has a shop TX built them for me. I may reach out to him. I have some ideas on building some specific tooling to assist in putting these together. This may sound crazy but it seems as though the issue is for me of a physical nature. I just dont think I am steady enough to do the work. Anyway if you happen to have the link to that video send it over. Ive watched plenty and its not a matter of understanding.

Hi, So far as I know the forum places no limits on the number of questions one can ask.  Personally I enjoy talking watch repair to you.really :geek:
Lol. It is a fascinating subject for sure. I completed my second 7750 movement resoration last night. This time it was perfect on the machine with no adjusting. Im also getting faster and faster at putting this thing together. I did end up sending out the balance work. I will tackle it, just not yet. ecc7b452dab552b200de1cb32b110b04.jpg