Movement holder

TexasDon

I've known about Time Savers for awhile but haven't ordered from them. I found the French manufactured movement holder and it's a beauty. The price was only $9 so I loaded my cart with enough other items to equal $20 or more in order to avoid the small order charge. Likely it won't arrive until next week but if it's as good as it looks on-line, I'll be delighted with it. Thanks to all for your input.

On 3/1/2019 at 11:05 AM, TexasDon said:

I've known about Time Savers for awhile but haven't ordered from them. I found the French manufactured movement holder and it's a beauty. The price was only $9 so I loaded my cart with enough other items to equal $20 or more in order to avoid the small order charge. Likely it won't arrive until next week but if it's as good as it looks on-line, I'll be delighted with it. Thanks to all for your input.

Yes I saw this deal as well. It seems a lot of their other items are on sale as well. Has anyone used Rubis tweezers before? 

https://timesavers.com/i-24048628-rubis-pattern-3c-tweezers.html

Be advised that due to the configuration of their checkout cart, the shipping charges don't show until after you've authorized payment. Then, you'll receive a phone call advising of the shipping charges  as a phone number is mandatory in order to place an order. In my case, on a $21 order the shipping was $10.64 additional from only two states away. A bit steep but in spite of that, the total cost was acceptable to me. They have to make their money somehow as they clearly can't do it by selling .25 cent watchmaker screwdrivers. 

17 hours ago, seikoskx said:

Has anyone used Rubis tweezers before?  

No idea what modern ones are like but I have several vintage Rubis tweezers (1960's ish at a guess) and they're pretty good, on a par with similarly vintage Dumont. Bear in mind though that all of my vintage tweezers have been dressed and redressed so many times that they no longer bear any resemblance to their original spec. All very usable nonetheless.

On 3/2/2019 at 5:50 PM, TexasDon said:

Be advised that due to the configuration of their checkout cart, the shipping charges don't show until after you've authorized payment. Then, you'll receive a phone call advising of the shipping charges  as a phone number is mandatory in order to place an order. In my case, on a $21 order the shipping was $10.64 additional from only two states away. A bit steep but in spite of that, the total cost was acceptable to me. They have to make their money somehow as they clearly can't do it by selling .25 cent watchmaker screwdrivers. 

Small business does not get the sweetheart shipping rates that the big boys do.Unlike the richest man in the world , I am quite sure that the owner of timeasavers was not able to con the US Postal service into a shipping subsidy.