Replacing old sieko band

Marc5555

13 hours ago, Marc5555 said:

So im going to replace this band. A straight replacement band would be easy buy i want to change it with a leather without using a 10mm band what would be the best way to go about this?

Screenshot_20190227-154150~2.png

One option could be to put a military style backpad leather band with a 10mm strap.

1530193188_backpadband.thumb.jpg.8a355bd5c5f86cf2d75f3211b4d1a698.jpg

Another option would be to order a 18 mm leather strap (looking I your pic I suppose it could fit but of course you must check) and cut the ends to 10 mm large with an X-Acto.

Then  you'll get something close to an oris leather strap.

Just select a strap thick enough so that the leather will resist but thin enough so that it could match with your Seiko.

Capture.JPG.e7d673b62f4d5df274f93ab7b1a90b95.JPG

• Like 1

5 hours ago, manodeoro said:

One option could be to put a military style backpad leather band with a 10mm strap.

1530193188_backpadband.thumb.jpg.8a355bd5c5f86cf2d75f3211b4d1a698.jpg

Another option would be to order a 18 mm leather strap (looking I your pic I suppose it could fit but of course you must check) and cut the ends to 10 mm large with an X-Acto.

Then  you'll get something close to an oris leather strap.

Just select a strap thick enough so that the leather will resist but thin enough so that it could match with your Seiko.

Capture.JPG.e7d673b62f4d5df274f93ab7b1a90b95.JPG

Yes i think thats gonna be my plan. After i posed this i came with this idea. Im getting a thick good leather barton band that im going to trim down. What is the style of that lug attachment?

2 hours ago, Marc5555 said:

Yes i think thats gonna be my plan. After i posed this i came with this idea. Im getting a thick good leather barton band that im going to trim down. What is the style of that lug attachment?

Something you should take care is that Barton bands :

1 - come with qick release springbars (as far as I know) so you'll have to remove those and put the original Seiko springbars I suppose

2 - the stiching comes really close to the band ends so, depending on the position of the lugs holes,  you'll probably have to remove and redo some of the stitching.

About your question ... style of which lug attachment ?

If you mean the Oris  ... sort of "Panerai style".

The lugs are drilled and one of the holes is tapered and the spring are plain bars (possibly 1.8 to 2mm bars).

Really difficult to modd and OK for bulky watches only,  in my opinion.

• 1 month later...

I made a band similar to that a short while ago, before I got into watch repair. That was a little challenging cos the pin wouldnt come out and I didnt have tools small enough to coax it out. Heres a pic of the watch and band. I'm also a leatherworker.

IMG_20190323_140346.jpg