Sign in to follow this  
Dlechkun

Rotor bearing replacement

Question

HI I am new to the site my name is Dave. I have a tissot watch that I have had for over 30 years. It has been serviced several times. The last time I sent it in I was told I was told parts are no longer available. I decided to work on it myself. The problem I have is the oscillator rotor bearing looks like a press fit no bearing nut has anyone ever seen this type of setup. Is the bearing replaceable? The rotor is a tissot part and the movement is 7750. Any help would be great. Thank you. 

DSC_0180.JPG

DSC_0179.JPG

4 answers to this question

Hi Dave; It's a bit hard to see which exact model you have and where you are located; but a quick search on eBay a seller in Canada has a 2nd hand for a 7750 ....... ?

Perhaps a possibility ?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tissot-Rotor-Oscillating-Weight-for-ETA-7750-Swiss-Made/202598217838?hash=item2f2bcb786e:g:YsEAAOSwQFhbY1IL:rk:1:pf:0

And, fleabay US has several listings for 7750 parts including an oscillating weight, complete with bearing. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tissot-Rotor-Oscillating-Weight-for-ETA-7750-Swiss-Made/202598217838?hash=item2f2bcb786e:g:YsEAAOSwQFhbY1IL:rk:1:pf:1&frcectupt=true

There are also 2 complete movements for sale in case you're interested in having a spare movement for your watch.

Cheers,

TD

good question,  even when they are " rattleing" the watch is working.  oil or thicker oil on the ball bearing might quiet them down.     if you can't  get a new one,  try oil.   good luck,  vin